Best way to learn the theory

Hi guys sorry this sounds stupid but I’m learning for my theory for my class 2 and I want to know what’s the best way to learn it. Like I said sounds stupid I know I just want to pass it first time if I can. Thanks

Everyone is different so what usually works best for you?

To be honest, I was lazy.
Bought a cd with mock tests and study it from right/wrong answers.
Anyway later on I bought LGV Drivers Book and read it twice.
You know the right answer, but you don’t know why it’s right.
So read the Highway code and Lgv Drivers Book and you’ll be fine.
Anyway. If you have to do Initial DCPC you’ll have to read something!
Hope this helps.
Mario :wink:

Go on my website www.elmetdrivertraining.co.uk and click on the driving theory 4 all link. It will cost you £18 but it is really good.

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks guys. Also one other thing once iv passed my theory do I then have to take cpc 2 then test then cpc 4?

Keep doing the practice test time & again.

I found a lot of the questions (pcv but very similar to lgv) were just basic common sense. Read the theory book and just take your time. :slight_smile:

devonlad2009:
Thanks guys. Also one other thing once iv passed my theory do I then have to take cpc 2 then test then cpc 4?

You can do all 3 theory tests at the theory test centre on the same day - Modules 1a 1b + 2 (in any order)
Many have done this and found it relatively easy to do as well as only needing one trip to the centre

After passing modules 1a + 1b you can then do module 3 the on road drive/reverse practical test
After passing module 2 you can then do module 4 the DCPC practical test
Modules 3 and 4 can be done in any order

Many add a day to their training and do module 4 during the module 3 training to save them coming back to do mod 4

The licence is needed for both modules 3 and 4 so if mod 3 is done first and then mod 4 the driver often has to keep the licence after passing mod 3 and deal with sending it off themselves after passing mod 4 instead of doing it the easy way and letting the examiner deal with it

If doing mod 3 then mod 4 with at least 3 weeks between the two then the examiner can deal with it but you take a risk that it will be back in time for the mod 4 - usually is but it delays you from starting work if lucky to find some that quickly as a newbie

I passed my theory last week & the way I did it was by reading the book from front to back & then using the Driving Theory 4 All site to do mock tests & I passed first time with a score of 92. Also used the site for Hazzard & Case Studies tests & got 81 & 47 respectively!! 100% worth using the web site!!

JamesJ:
I passed my theory last week & the way I did it was by reading the book from front to back & then using the Driving Theory 4 All site to do mock tests & I passed first time with a score of 92. Also used the site for Hazzard & Case Studies tests & got 81 & 47 respectively!! 100% worth using the web site!!

All 3 theory tests on same day?

No I wasn’t aware I could book them for the same day until after I had booked the theory & hazzard so I had one the beginning of the week & one the end…

I would highly recommend the below DVD. Far easier to learn than the book version plus you can do a full mock 100 question test and the lay out is the same as the actual real test. Also has the full highway code plus you can revise specific catagories. Gives you percentage table of how you’re progressing as well.

I downloaded the theory app for iPad and i hammered it for about a week or so, taking all the mock tests and such that were included in it and I went in first time and got 100/100 [WHITE SMILING FACE]️ I’m pretty sure it’s just the interactive version of the dvd mentioned above! Really helpful, couldn’t fault it.

I found , If you got 5 mins spare, take the chance to read up on anything you are struggling on as it will help …I did this as well as spending a few hours during the evening revising then doing 2 or 3 Tests ( 1 set = Theory, HP and CPC) …take a break as well after each test of about 10 mins, let the grey matter settle.

Included in our Starter Pack, amongst other things, is the online training + a day’s classroom training. That helps folk understand why the answer actually IS the answer rather than just learning to pass a test. It’s important to understand the subject - not just pass the theory test. After all, this is the beginning of a new career for many - it’s a really good idea to get it right.

Once in a blue moon we have someone fail a theory test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi there
I bought the dsa pack , which is the dsa theory book , dsa theory DVD , dsa highway code , and the hazzard perception DVD
Over a two week period I did a chapter a night doing two mock test a night over the final week … I got 97 %
Again tested myself twice a night with the hazzard perception DVD , didn’t do so well with that got 74% which is still a pass

A lot of it is common sense but there are some tough questions in there