Best way to bowkers Preston

Hi all been informed not to follow sat nav to there as will take me to wrong side now I remember been told to go under m65 then come off now both my phone navigation and sat nav take me on the m65 he also said come in past sainsburys now that appears on my phone route so help if you can oh by the way I’m traveling from hull cheers Ed

by road is usually a good way :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ok, ok, hat, coat, TAXI :laughing: :laughing:

That could be the future just like garlic bread

is it the one at Bamber Bridge that you are going to?

Yes that’s the one on Holme road

If memory serves me right, if cominfrom hull off the m61 onto the 65 follow it right down to then around past the vosa site, Up the island take right then take your 1st left think it’s facin a b&q Then up past sainsburys on your right carry on past the fire station and Holme road is at thetop

Cheers Mark that’s the way my phone says just I thought he said to go under/over m65 that’s all thanks Ed

Did this for ya, hope it helps :wink: sorry bout size :confused:

bowkers directions.jpg

Thanks for your help that’s great it’s just as I only started a couple of weeks ago doing the same run every night now next week doing fridge work on days so lots of learning to do will be back with more questions next week more likely ha ha cheers Ed

IIRC, it is a tight right turn into Holme Road

when you see matalan, turn right and you will see malcolms in front of you,

Looks like it closes in over a little bridge best to just follow corner a bit then turn it in a bit later to be square on with it

watch out for the bridge left bend 50yds rhs after bridge

All above comments are correct in their various ways. I know what the guy means about come in past Sainsburys but coming from the 61, unless you know it, its a tad complicated.
Much simpler to go M61 → M65 to end. Be aware it goes very sharp right at the end.

Go right (3rd exit) at the large RAB then almost immediately 1st Left at lights by the pub before Sainsburys.
Its quite narrow here & they have very recently changed the ingress/egress from SB’s so watch for car drivers doing unpredictable things.

Follow it down and as said when you see Matalan go right over the narrow bridge, you’ll see W H Malcolm ahead, just keep left into Bowkers yard.

Kirk Ella 71:
Looks like it closes in over a little bridge best to just follow corner a bit then turn it in a bit later to be square on with it

Just give it a wide swing and you’ll be fine. Bowkers is signposted on the bridge. Gate is about 100 yards along. Easy to miss as it looks just like the fencing!

matizerSCANIAR480:
when you see matalan, turn right and you will see malcolms in front of you,

Now Bowkers yard but still has Malcolm signs up. It will be full of Bowker trailers.

Thank you all I almost feel I’m there already with the info given you watch I’ve got so much knowledge given to me I still mess up ha ha (if I do someone shoot me)
Cheers Ed

shuttlespanker:
by road is usually a good way :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ok, ok, hat, coat, TAXI :laughing: :laughing:

ah, but the depot is actually rail linked :wink: :laughing:

Best be watch where I park then :smiley:

Kirk Ella 71:
Best be watch where I park then :smiley:

Watch out for the trailer with the big blue tarpaulin accross the front of it. It’s in the process of being restored and we don’t want anybody bending our handywork!!!