Best way into Birmingham from the M40

I’m off to Brum tomorrow and since i’ve never been inside the 42 except on a train, I hope you don’t mind me asking for some advice.

I dread any big city that I haven’t been in before, but so far (Manchester/Liverpool) they have been a lot more bearable than I have built them up to be in my head.

I’m coming up the M40 and heading for an industrial estate in Digbeth postcode B5 5■■. Wondering which way to approach from. I’m running at 14’ 9.

Seem to be a number of options from the motorway, just after the least hassle, will be around 9-10am probably.

A435? A34? A41? A45 or right round to the top M6 J6?

Any input appreciated folks. :slight_smile:

A45 dual with a few sets of lights all the way in.

Ben9:
A45 dual with a few sets of lights all the way in.

i’d go for that as well if your coming up from the south,

or take the airport turn off of the m42 and follow that to the town centre, biringham is ok as the majority of it is largeish roads (until you get to some of the industrial estates then you need your wagon to be able to breathe in)

A45 is the airport turn off the M42.

Ben9:
A45 is the airport turn off the M42.

sorry my ■■■■ up.

i meant the A34 turn before the airport (is it jct 4?), just watch the cameras on the way in

a45

I would suggest A45 as well as it is dual carriageway all the way in, when the speed limit drops down to 40 just before cargo airport slow it straight down as their is a camera straight after it and stick to 40 as there are a couple of hidden ones.

follow the signs towards city centre all the way in.

You will come round a sharpish right hand bend there is a car dealer place on the right hand side aswell and there is an island second exit of there and that will take you straight into the right area

Spot on advice chaps, thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Went up the A45, was done and out again by 0930. First time through Spaghetti Junction on the way out as well just for good measure. :wink:

i,m glad you don,t {zb} work for me, if you can,t find you,r way.

browncow2:

i bet hes glad he doesnt ■■■■■■■ work for you with your ■■■■■■■ helpfulness!

Lee G:

browncow2:

i bet hes glad he doesnt [zb] work for you with your [zb] helpfulness!

has he never heard of maps or satnavs, and as for you i bet you work for a food delivery firm{ base to rdc i,d say} never got your hands dirty polished boots and ar away 1,2 nights a week park in truck stops, sit with some poor soul and tell him what you,ve done all week untill he falls asleep.

Lee G:

browncow2:

get a life.

No maps of satnavs allowed here, i’m still on trial with my crayons and bits of old cereal packet.

I broked my Red crayon earlier, it’s not been a good week.

I’m glad I don’t work for you too if that makes you feel vindicated. I see they are still mashing keyboards with fists as the standard form of communication at your place, I hope to upgrade to that from the crayons, one day.

browncow2:

Confucious he say; “there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers”

Who am I to argue?

Lee G:
biringham is ok as the majority of it is largeish roads (until you get to some of the industrial estates then you need your wagon to be able to breathe in)

watch out … the spelling police are around :laughing: :laughing:

browncow2:
has he never heard of maps or satnavs,

im guessing that he has but he did ask for the best way in, not all drivers are like you and budding vasco da gama’s in the making, have you never asked for directions?

browncow2:
and as for you

Hiya

browncow2:
i bet you work for a food delivery firm{ base to rdc i,d say}

Ah ha

browncow2:
never got your hands dirty

No never

browncow2:
polished boots

yep, I take a little bit of pride in my appearance

browncow2:
and ar away 1,2 nights a week

normally 5

browncow2:
park in truck stops,

when I can cos I can have a shower

browncow2:
sit with some poor soul and tell him what you,ve done all week untill he falls asleep.

no at all, I tend to keep myself to myself

As for you, you are the end of the bell, who is about as much use as Anne Franks drum kit. You say you work for yourself but you’re not an OD, so you’re a self employed driver then! Or not a driver at all? Which is it?

People come on here for advice and a bit of banter, if you don’t like it don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out. If you do all well and good, sit and chill because you seem quite an angry person that spouts off about people without even knowing them. You are the sort of person that I tend to ignore at truck stops. I bet your wallet is on a chain, you wear your hi-viz when shopping in Tescos, you have a dream catcher in your window, you wear your ice road truckers t-shirt with pride and think its funny when a newbie asks advice and you wont tell them!

browncow2:

Lee G:

browncow2:

get a life.

oh yeah, i must nip to asda and see if they have any sad ones left, then i can feel like you do all day!

peirre:

Lee G:
biringham is ok as the majority of it is largeish roads (until you get to some of the industrial estates then you need your wagon to be able to breathe in)

watch out … the spelling police are around :laughing: :laughing:

you never been to biringham, its a little tiny village situated within the city of birmingham, its a lovely place this time of year :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lee G:
you never been to biringham, its a little tiny village situated within the city of birmingham, its a lovely place this time of year :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And once your rolling through the city centre of BIRMINGHAM it can be a PITA to find somewhere to take a break once your realise the traffic is so bad and you realise that you`ll run out of time before you can get to the MSA, as the city is covered with double RED and YELLOW lines

I see the drivers are sticking together as usual. in my book it never hurt to ask for a little help doing a job.
even if the question seemed pointless to another person. just how many times have you been asked how to tie
one of the drivers knotts, do you show them or say ive shown people a thousend times find out yourself.
John