Best way from bristol to portsmouth

just been told by the spotty oik (who’s only just passed his car test :unamused: :unamused: ) that my run fri night/sat am is new one includes bristol to portsmouth :cry: :cry:
having put through autolost & a copy of tnt’s travelmanager i’m confused as the route its advising is m4 a34
that looks like a long way to go easy but long
anybody know a better quicker way
many thanks

looks like this is the same way you have been shown

LINK

i would say m4 a34 duley because you can keep flat out at 56 mph if you want to go the scenic way you will have to use the a303 at some point or the a35 and there are loads of speed cameras on there.

Quickest route: M4 - A34 - M3 - M27 (Boring slog down the motorways)
Interesting route: A4 to Bath - A36 - M27 (Tesco’s trucks WILL be doing 40mph day or night, with little chance of passing them)

looks like its going to be the boring way then
working it out from our place its 2.5 to bristol another2.5 to portsmouth and at least 3.5 back upto base so its too close to going over the 9 to take the interesting route just to stare at tesco in 6 ft high letters

I would think Bristol Bath & A36 Southampton M27 Portsmouth wouldnt be a problem at the time of day you will be working its certianly the shortest & it would keep you awake. Just a thought if you are working out of Lichfield area why not M 40/ A34

greek:
I would think Bristol Bath & A36 Southampton M27 Portsmouth would`nt be a problem at the time of day you will be working .

You’d be wrong then, Tescos run 24 hrs and they do create a problem trust me!

greek:
Just a thought if you are working out of Lichfield area why not
M40/ A34,.

Because the M40 is nowhere near Bristol, which is where he sets out from to go to Portsmouth.

greek:
I would think Bristol Bath & A36 Southampton M27 Portsmouth wouldnt be a problem at the time of day you will be working its certianly the shortest & it would keep you awake. Just a thought if you are working out of Lichfield area why not M 40/ A34

Yeah you can go that way, but, its a painful route.

After 31yrs tramping Tramper i think i would know m40 wasnt near Bristol but if you read what hed said that it was 2& half bristol then 2& half to portsmouth then 3& half back home & his location being Lichfield you might assume that is where he is starting out from As he mentioned TNT his starting piont at a guess is probably Atherston unless

:confused: Maybe you should have spent some of your 31 years reading the question! BRISTOL to PORTSMOUTH! :unamused:

M4, A34, then along is quickest. :wink:

TBH travelmanger while pretty old is a good peice of software it’s pretty good at route calculations.

The shortest route isnt always the quickest :wink:

Lucy:
M4, A34, then along is quickest. :wink:

But bloody boring.

I’d probably opt for Bath, Frome, Salisbury. There is a fairly decent kebab house on the main route through Bath. :slight_smile:

Although, if I was going the other way, I might be tempted to pull off to Bumper’s Farm. I think that one is 24 hours, and the pickled gherkins have a certain ‘kick’ :smiley:

Not that I have any fixation with food, you will understand. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I guess it all depends on whether you’re paid by the hour or not… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tramper:
Interesting route: A4 to Bath - A36 - M27 (Tesco’s trucks WILL be doing 40mph day or night, with little chance of passing them)

I didn’t realise that only Tesco’s stuck to the speed limit … … … …

:smiley: To quote a very famous phrase, Not only but Also :laughing:
As Tesco’s have a large RDC near the end of the A36, their vehicles are very prominent and are the bain of anyones life who likes to travel a little more quickly than the law will allow, i.e 40mph on single carrigeways, which interestingly, is not safe according to theese people safespeed.org.uk/hgv40.html

They are a pain in the arse, somerfield are worse…

Tramper:
:? Maybe you should have spent some of your 31 years reading the question! BRISTOL to PORTSMOUTH! :unamused:

Maybe you should have read the first part of my answer

greek:

Yeah, read it, the question was Bristol to Portsmouth. You go on the M40 if you want to, as long as I ain’t got to pay for the diesel. Fool!

Tramper:

greek:

Yeah, read it, the question was Bristol to Portsmouth. You go on the M40 if you want to, as long as I ain’t got to pay for the diesel. Fool!

Yeah read the question but not my answer first sentence i dont think you can understand english Tramper , & if slagging people off is your hobby I think its time you started useing the new Forum Lucy`s strarted as for me thats my last on the subject BYE BYE