Best unit...

So I’ve recently started work with an agency first unit I got on Friday was an 11 plate iveco stralis 450, I’ve never rated them before driving one but I was surprised and actually liked it. Second unit I drove last night was a DAF Cf, was abit disappointed with it to be honest, auto gearbox seemed sloppy. So what does everyone rate as the beat unit they’ve driven…

16 speed Daf XF, one of the smoothest gearboxes I have ever had the pleasure to use :sunglasses:

Is it just be not being used to it or is the CF abit jumpy haha

att:
16 speed Daf XF, one of the smoothest gearboxes I have ever had the pleasure to use :sunglasses:

yeah the zf 16 speed is a brilliant gearbox!

It can only be a scania for me.

The Daf auto box is also known as a kangaroo box by me anyway…

I like man’s, volvo’s and scania’s.

Merc may join the list with the latest actros, don’t like the old one but never tried a mega space.

Saaamon:

att:

yeah the zf 16 speed is a brilliant gearbox!

It can only be a scania for me.

Zf for me everytime as well.

Also like the ZF 16-speed, but I reckon the Stralis is very under-rated. It ticks most of the boxes for a decent UK general haulage unit.

Scania all the way.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Also like the ZF 16-speed, but I reckon the Stralis is very under-rated. It ticks most of the boxes for a decent UK general haulage unit.

I`am from the same background as you and would agree 100% with your quote , I had 7 years experience with two types of Stralis they were on 24/7 shifts at 44 t and proved to be almost bombproof , the badge snobs dont like posts like ours !!! .

att:

Was that box not a bit of a dog first thing in the morning till the oil warmed up a bit?

damoq:

att:

Was that box not a bit of a dog first thing in the morning till the oil warmed up a bit?

I don`t know, only driven it twice in the last 8 months…It was -1 when I used it last week and no probs.
I drive all sorts, autos, manuals of all makes, apart from Merc…And that old 6 plate XF is the mutts :sunglasses:

I had a MAN 18 463 Roadhaus with a 16 speed Eaton. I would have taken that truck anywhere, it was the best thing I ever owned. I went to buy a new TGA when the first appeared, listened to all the sales bull, looked at the prices, test drove one . . . . . . . . .and then bought a DAF XF !
MAN wanted a lot more money for a lot less truck. I’ve had 3 DAF’s since and they’ve been spot on, although I’ve never had an auto box, Why would ya ?

4x2-1.jpg

Think Damoq is right the Daf manuals are ■■■■■■■■ first thing in the morning !
Or wee Cf’s are like having a arm wrestling match first and it ain’t fun

got to be the fh16 faultless

Any with a manual in it, can’t be doing with this auto rubbish.

iveco stralis are up there with the rest really and being totally honest the whole lot of new trucks are crap really :laughing:

rigga70:
got to be the fh16 faultless

With I shift in it !! look on the floor theres a green pedal and a red one I cant understand people that go on about eaton twin splitters etc the I shift was by far the best EVER gearbox I have had the pleasure of using.

Volvo for me .

Got to be the super space daf with the 16 speed zf in it or a decent spec topline scania

shugg:

Retired Old ■■■■:

I`am from the same background as you and would agree 100% with your quote , I had 7 years experience with two types of Stralis they were on 24/7 shifts at 44 t and proved to be almost bombproof , the badge snobs dont like posts like ours !!! .

Lived in Italy for three years until recently and over there (naturally) every other truck is a Stralis and judging by the cab adornments very popular. Most of them looked to worked very hard, too.