Best uk lorry/hgv sat nav?

Hi all,
I’ve recently passed my class 1 and 2 licences and have got my first job driving a 26t hiab truck.
I am thinking of buying a lorry sat nav to make things easier for myself as i don’t want to get caught out with height and weight restrictions etc, and tought i’d ask the experts as they are not cheap!
Has anyone got any reccomendations, reviews of them on the internet are few and far between, toying with the idea of the new tomtom pro 7150 truck, but have only found one review of it which said it was no good. Am looking to spend aroun £300-£350

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Trucknet-UK skuzz :wink:

There are plenty of threads on sat-navs, have a look in this forum.

tomtom trucks … slow as hell, laggy screens , terrible touch screen response when typing in post codes / addresses
way overpriced for wat it is.

ukthugz:
tomtom trucks … slow as hell, laggy screens , terrible touch screen response when typing in post codes / addresses
way overpriced for wat it is.

I’ve got Tomtom Truck on a Tomtom Go 730 and it’s fine, responsive, fast enough routing and re-routing, no screen lag that I’ve noticed.

Can’t comment on the price though because I bought a used Tomtom and put the software on it myself, it was as cheap as chips :wink:

thanks for your replies
i already have a tomtom one, is putting tomtom truck on it a possable option? if so any idea how i go about doing it?

Get one of these for less than £65.

ebay.co.uk/ctg/New-7-0-Truck … 286.c0.m14

Harry do you have one of those? At that price if they are any good I might get one for each of the units

MysonVinnie:
Harry do you have one of those? At that price if they are any good I might get one for each of the units

My boss brought one last week and he says it’s a good piece of kit, I’ll question him in more depth when I see him.

Harry Monk:

MysonVinnie:

My boss brought one last week and he says it’s a good piece of kit, I’ll question him in more depth when I see him.

Ta let me know, I was going to order Tom Toms but everyone likes to save some money

skuzz:
thanks for your replies
i already have a tomtom one, is putting tomtom truck on it a possable option? if so any idea how i go about doing it?

No you can’t put it on Tomtom one. You need 520 up to get it to work properly.

My missus recently brought me a new snooper s7000 truckmate pro, i have to say i love the size of the screen and the tv is excellent but i reckon my tomtom 520 with truck sd card is better at routing and avoiding hazards. The snooper has already messed up quite a few times in a couple of weeks whereas the tom tom very rarely gave me any probs, i will keep the snooper but as for any sat nav you have to use your common sense !

Harry, I’d be interested to hear some sort of review of that cheap sat nav on e bay…

only way I’m going to be able to convince the missus to let me get something better than the tom tom one I’m using st the moment lol

skuzz:
Hi all,
I’ve recently passed my class 1 and 2 licences and have got my first job driving a 26t hiab truck.
I am thinking of buying a lorry sat nav to make things easier for myself as i don’t want to get caught out with height and weight restrictions etc, and tought i’d ask the experts as they are not cheap!
Has anyone got any reccomendations, reviews of them on the internet are few and far between, toying with the idea of the new tomtom pro 7150 truck, but have only found one review of it which said it was no good. Am looking to spend aroun £300-£350

Thanks in advance

I have a snooper s7000 I is the best one I have had yet no doubt other people have
Own choice but after a few and winning best truck sat nav I woul recommend it

taz4435:

skuzz:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

I have a snooper s7000 I is the best one I have had yet no doubt other people have
Own choice but after a few and winning best truck sat nav I woul recommend it

Lol, Taz, I think skuzz might have sorted it by now, the original thread was back in March 2012.