Best trainers

Reading Jennie’s post has got me thinking, it seems pretty clear that Peter Smythe is highly regarded but how about a list of all the other nominees for best trainer, not everyone has the chance to train in his area so c’mon everybody, who do you fancy?

lancaster training services. can’t fault them!

The easiest and best way is to pick up a local Yellow Pages, make a list and go and visit the site, even if you only visit on Google Maps, you can see if they are a trainer or a broker.

I am sure Peter will not argue with my post, have a look on Sean Pargeters site, but you still have to speak to them in person

not everyone has the chance to train in his area

Yes they do!! Free B+B included. Had folk from literally all over the UK - - and Tenerife!!

Seriously, as long as people follow the age old advice of: visit the trainer, keep away from brokers, only book with firm recommendation if you cant visit - - then they should be fine.

It’s great to be respected and I am proud of my reputation - - but there are others out there that are nearly as good!!!

Good luck to everyone training, being trained and tested this coming week. Oh yes, and Jennie!! (If I can’t get Jennie reversing in a couple of hours then my reputation has just gone down the proverbial plughole!)

Pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

who do you fancy?

Most of Little Mix — but what’s it got to do with you! :laughing: :laughing:

I think most people on here know my thoughts and feelings of a certain trainer in Mansfield Woodhouse so won’t go over old ground again.

SRTS in Exeter is not a bad one to go to for practical training. They have no idea about the Module 4 though even though they have a proper trolley.

Fairway training in North Devon did a fantastic job of carrying out my Mod4 training. I walked away with 100% thanks to Geoff.

I did a 4 hour refresher with Mark from Learn To Drive Me in Bristol on the Articulated lorry. He was very thorough and professional with good kit.

Think that covers all of my experiences, good and bad.

Peter Smythe:

who do you fancy?

Most of Little Mix — but what’s it got to do with you! :laughing: :laughing:

surely your old enough to be there dad / grandad :open_mouth:

Age is just a number.

Well no pressure for me now the rep of mr smythe rests on me getting that trailer in the box lol
(biscuits sorted by the way)
Look forward to seeing u tomorrow
Jx

You will be fine.

If he can get me through it then everyone can get through it x

biscuits sorted by the way

That’s all good

getting that trailer in the box

Forgone conclusion

See you tomorrow. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There is a list here though it’s probably a bit out of date.

Most people think the best trainer is the one that gets them through the test. That’s great but every trainer has passes and fails so how can you decide?

Even if you knew his % pass rate it does not mean his methods will work for you or that your personalities will not clash.

As has been said many times on here, take a trial / assessment drive with the trainer you are considering. See how much you feel you improve in just 1 hour and could you spend 4/5 days with this guy. Your natural instinct will tell you.

Otherwise put a picture of all the training companies on a wall and throw a dart. You might get lucky…

Regards

John
Flair Training

Peter Smythe:

biscuits sorted by the way

That’s all good

getting that trailer in the box

Forgone conclusion

You’ll be doing it with your eyes closed by tomorrow afternoon

Thanks all, I liked wheelnuts answer “Nike”, even though I always preferred Adidas stan smiths, some good suggestions on here though but trying to work it out from an assessment drive is not always possible. The place I used was on the recomended on these posts, not a broker, I don’t want to go into any details but even though I passed first time I would still go elsewhere for my C+E.
Rich

dar1976:
… SRTS in Exeter is not a bad one to go to for practical training.

I was there the week before last. :wink:

For those interested… they use a proper full-size artic for C+E training and test.

Whilst I was there, I saw a couple of test candiates return from test with 0 minors, so I’d say that SRTS are well worth considering if you’re looking for LGV driving tuition.