Best torque wrench

For wheel nuts ,Are there any to avoid or should I just buy what ever Hgv direct have got on the shelf ?

I’ve previously used a 1" Norbar 5r 1000nm where I worked. They insisted we torqued weekly. Never had a problem with it and came recommend from the fitter.

There’s not a lot of choice other than a break back style Norbar if you want to get up towards 1000 nm. If you can cope with under 800 or 700 there are clicker style options.

Norbars are always cheap on ebay used and even when factoring in calibration (and you will have to get it calibrated) still a big saving. I’ve bought 3 or 4 and not had one yet I would say had seen heavy daily use.

Years ago it was a sat morning job doing the nut check and I must say I always preferred the break back bar.

It depends on how much use it will get. As a fitter needing everyday use many moons ago I bought a snap off 3/4 drive ratchet click type one which went up to 600lbft, it was naturally expensive even then. It is light, easy to use and set, so much better than a 1" Britool or any of the break arm type, so as a result everyone else in the workshop wanted to borrow it because it made checking wheel nuts so much easier. In the 25+ years I have had it it has never needed any adjustment for recalibrating. Not that much on a vehicle need to be any tighter and when checked once 600lbft is reached it ain’t going round any further to get to 1000 lbft.

Looking like norbar 1000nm £300 inc vat .

I would say you want 1000nm for definite

£260 inc vat brand new off ebay in 3/4"

ebay.co.uk/itm/NORBAR-12009- … SwymxVLR9Q

3/4" much more useful size, in my view, unless you happen to have a vast amount of sockets in 1".

Own Account Driver:
I would say you want 1000nm for definite

£260 inc vat brand new off ebay in 3/4"

ebay.co.uk/itm/NORBAR-12009- … SwymxVLR9Q

3/4" much more useful size, in my view, unless you happen to have a vast amount of sockets in 1".

Cheers ,it’s being delivered tomorrow.