Best theory revision?

Is it better to buy the book version or laptop version to learn the theory?I was thinking of getting the book so I can do some revision on my work breaks and in the nights, or would computer one be better for testing yourself?

I did a bit of both

bought the book which i read whilst the wife was watching Eastenders but also signed up for online training and did the theory questions on my phone when I had five minutes or during my lunch break.

Which is best up to date book to get and where from?

Amazon normally has the latest edition, they do some good deals on sets, like the guide to driving LGVs and the Hazard Perception dvd.

I’ve just downloaded the theory and hazard perception in one app for iPhone. All good reviews on it and people say they have passed with simply using that app.£8 for it.

desktopdriving.co.uk was the cheapest i found for books.

rightdriver.co.uk/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

ROG:
http://rightdriver.co.uk/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

^^^^^^This was great theory revision for me,unlimited mock tests! Cheers for posting that in a previous thread.

I also used this which included all the official DVSA hgv books in digital form although the theory test one didnt include the take into account the new speed limits as they were older issues. Case study examples and videos also.

ebay.co.uk/itm/DRIVER-CPC-PC … 4af1a21b15

The DVSA Hazard Perception dvd was a massive help too,you can always sell it after. I passed both and my module 2 with no problems using the above.

Personally I found a combination of the “official” DVSA book along with theory & hazard perception DVD’s was the easiest way. The book gives the most information, but the DVD’s are handy for practice questions. The first one readable when you’re away from the computer too and I plan to carry it with me for several months after I finally get through the test.

DVSA official HGV book
DVSA theory test DVD
DVSA hazard perception DVD

There is a new HGV theory test book which I’ve not seen before, but I found the first one answered all the questions and more. I would avoid the CPC book that’s also available as it really doesn’t tell you anything useful.

The above are also available from Amazon etc. but I found the DSA books site seemed to be the cheapest of those I found.

I’ve got my module 2 Tuesday afternoon . I ordered a cpc book from eBay but to be honest there’s nothing in there that I would say has prepared me better for it than the theory and hazard?? Think I will just try and use common sense and pass it.

There are several good books/DVDs etc for the theory although we only ever use drivingtheory4all.co.uk

There is not much material about for the Mod2 study but again the above online site is the best we have found.

Lessons, practice questions and mock tests prepare candidates well for the tests and they work on most modern phones as well.

ROG:
http://rightdriver.co.uk/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

Cheers ROG, more material too learn the better :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Passed mod 2! 44 out of 50 il take that. Now onto the practical :smiley:

Well done :smiley: now for the good bit :smiley:
Dave

Yes I can’t wait now I’m glad the theory side is all done for the new year. Going to book an assessment drive now and get a price. I arrived at test centre 20minutes late due to traffic but fair play theylet me in and just told me to skip the 15 minute practice part! :smiley: