Best tacho app for your phone?

Happy Easter everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Tachograph / drivers hours app for an android phone ?.

All info gratefully received.

Pedro

:laughing:

The only one I could find for the iPhone was TruckerTimer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro18:
Happy Easter everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Tachograph / drivers hours app for an android phone ?.

All info gratefully received.

Pedro

[emoji38]

Tacho guard its free you can opt for the expebsive one for a 5er i think but the free one does the job. It gives you a actual break down of times. I use it the only thing is it eats battery life and if left on, on a bright screen it will leave a burn of the screen on your hone screen because of the coloured symbols on the black background.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I prefer TruckerTimer (android) over TachoGuard personally after having used both, but it’s really just whatever one you happen to prefer at the end of the day.

I’ve been using TruckerTimer for years and it’s one of the few apps I’ve happily purchased. I recommended it so many times to mates so no problem suggesting it to you Pedro.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

me and at least one of our other drivers use Trucker Timer, very user friendly

Thanks lads ,

very much appreciated, see you on the road.

Pedro

Please forgive what may be a stupid question, but assuming that we are mostly using digi tachos (yes, I’m aware not all are) why would anybody pay for an app or even need one when all the information you may require is available from the tacho head unit?

Am I missing something?

the maoster:
Please forgive what may be a stupid question, but assuming that we are mostly using digi tachos (yes, I’m aware not all are) why would anybody pay for an app or even need one when all the information you may require is available from the tacho head unit?

Am I missing something?

Not all of them tell you about WTD, just drive time. It’s also nice to just pop your phone out to check instead of sticking your card in a vehicle or postbox to read it.

Jellan:

the maoster:

Am I missing something?

Not all of them tell you about WTD, just drive time. It’s also nice to just pop your phone out to check instead of sticking your card in a vehicle or postbox to read it.

That’s fair enough mate. I work out both my driving time and working time at the end of each day and jot it down in my diary, it hadn’t occurred to me that others may not, so I now understand why an app may be handy. Cheers.