Best stock up on air freshener

Coming soon to a footwell next to you :unamused: https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/news/34155/lorry-drivers-using-town-as-a-toilet.html

Rather than actually spend any money and provide proper facilities local councillor comes up with this gem ā€œCouncillor Rob Chicken suggested central Government should make it a legal requirement for companies employing long-distance lorry drivers to provide on-board, chemical toilet facilities.ā€ What happens when its full? Will there be disposal points put in around the country? Will there hell, once its full it will get tipped in the hedge.

At least it will stop driver facing cameras, no cameras allowed in toilets and no one wants to watch the daily ablutions :laughing: :laughing:

I suppose we should be grateful that this councillor recognises that there is a problem, and that lorry drivers are actually human beings.
Pity he only talks about our needs where it impacts on him. No mention of the need for parking, shower, food etc.

There are so many issues in that article to addressā€¦
Firstly why are there so many anti social arse wipes amongst us giving us a bad nameā€¦and donā€™t start blaming foreign drivers ffs. :unamused:

Secondly Mr Chicken sounds more like a ā– ā– ā– ā– , and illustrates just how out of touch these authoritative type plums are,.when it comes to how a truck driver lives and worksā€¦Iā€™m ā– ā– ā– ā–  sure I would not want a khazi in my cab,.especially if I was not the only one who uses the truckā€¦can you imagine it? :open_mouth:

Unfortunately I can see why he wants to ban truck parking, this is just the done thing, we all have to suffer because of one or two ā– ā– ā– ā–  s. :smiling_imp:

Then he wants to spend money on CCTV.
Why not spend money on a decent public toilet instead?

As for the garage not letting drivers use their bog, go in and buy a coffee ffs, or a Mars bar or something, then they canā€™t stop you as a customer.

Then 'ā€˜Mr Bennyworthā€™ rocks up :unamused: , making random unsubstantiated assumptions about transport, and generally talking out of his arse. :unamused:

As for the o/pā€™s last commentā€¦
No it wouldnā€™t stop it at all.
Go and have a read of some of the pathetic and apathetic comments on the camera thread, :unamused: it would just be allowed to happen by driversā€¦end of.

Not so much toilets they need to provide. More try providing more bins in laybyes and parking areas proper decent sized wheelie bin ones for to dispose of there waste .
As articles say there finding bottles and bags of human waste.
So there obviously not doing it in the grass verge.
There making an attempt to bag/bottle.it. just canā€™t dispose of it. And who would want drive around with that untill they find a bin.

Provide more bins problem solved

There are a few facilities around the UK for coach drivers to dump their toilet contents in an official container.You drive over a grid and stop in the appropriate position to drain the tank.However,there are not all that many.
I have known some coach drivers dump toilet contents on the street.Disgusting.

edd1974:
Not so much toilets they need to provide. More try providing more bins in laybyes and parking areas proper decent sized wheelie bin ones for to dispose of there waste .
There making an attempt to bag/bottle.it. just canā€™t dispose of it. And who would want drive around with that untill they find a bin.

Youā€™re solving the wrong problem.
The problem isnā€™t a lack of waste bins for bags of ā– ā– ā– ā–  and bottles of ā– ā– ā– ā– .
Itā€™s a lack of toilets.
And a lack ofā€¦Not lay-bys, but a lack of off road parkingā€¦
Parking should be a provision of planning permissions for business premises.
And/or councils should provide parking, and clean toilets with monies collected from business rates. Investing in this is a public benefit to all residents, and is a public health issue too.

^^^ canā€™t argue with any of that. IMO an ideal world would see enough secure parking nationwide for every single HGV engaged in night out work. In my ideal world these tight arsed bosses who wonā€™t pay for parking would have payments forced upon them. If they are charging so little that they canā€™t afford to pay for parking then their business model is wrong and itā€™s probably time to reassess whether or not they want to continue in the game.

Franglais:

edd1974:

Youā€™re solving the wrong problem.
The problem isnā€™t a lack of waste bins for bags of [zb] and bottles of ā– ā– ā– ā– .
Itā€™s a lack of toilets.
And a lack ofā€¦Not lay-bys, but a lack of off road parkingā€¦
Parking should be a provision of planning permissions for business premises.
And/or councils should provide parking, and clean toilets with monies collected from business rates. Investing in this is a public benefit to all residents, and is a public health issue too.

Councils and the Govt just ainā€™t interested.
Anybody brave enough to stand out by advocating for proper truck parking facilities is going to lose votes at the next election, it is all those ā– ā– ā– ā–  s are interested inā€¦votes.
So they continue to pander to the nimby electorate, by not only ignoring the chronic situation, like ā– ā– ā– ā–  ostriches, but by going one step further by putting hare brained schemes like the one in the ā– ā– ā– ā–  hole that is Kentā€¦, which not only exacerbates the situation but makes it 10x worse. :imp:
Good old UK eh? :unamused:
As a driver it just makes me so ā– ā– ā– ā–  angry.

The report claims its most single operators and owner drivers that are doing it on the cheap. Should look towards some of the bigger companies. See loads of stobarts in laybys and ind estates so guessing they donā€™t pay parking? Some of the bigger ones doing amazon are also parked up on every spare bit of land or layby within 5 miles of the warehouses!

Oh, but of course if its a high value load you can use paid parking. Sums up what some companies think of their driversā€¦ Will pay to keep the load safeā€¦ But not the driverā€¦
Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk