Best Sat Nav

I am a new driver for Class 2 with Class 1 booked in for September. I have my first agency job on Wednesday next week and I’m panicking that I do not have a Sat Nav in place.
I have been looking at the Garmin Dezl priced at around £400. Can anyone recommend this product or is there something that’s cheaper and better. Is there any truck sites that supply these cheaper?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks in advance

Can I recommend garmin? I probably can’t give my opinion without going on pre mod, so I will just recommend that you give them the swerve. Argos do Tomtom go pro 6200 for 299, if you want a sat nav then go get one of those. I’m using copilot truck for 9 a month at the mo. I haven’t had a chance to play with the tt yet, but it comes highly recommended

Oh and btw, don’t make the mistake I did and buy the insurance from Argos. They will sell you 4 years peace of mind for 60 quid. But it doesn’t insure you from lost or stolen. When you open the box, you are greeted with a leaflet from Tomtom advertising insurance including lost and stolen. This seems to be a much better deal.

I use the TomTom Trucker 6000, Pretty decent in my eyes, free traffic for a year and you can enter the dimensions of the vehicle. It cost me around £280 so it’s a bit cheaper then the Garmin, but I’ve heard that one is pretty good :slight_smile:

Nerodio:
I use the TomTom Trucker 6000, Pretty decent in my eyes, free traffic for a year and you can enter the dimensions of the vehicle. It cost me around £280 so it’s a bit cheaper then the Garmin, but I’ve heard that one is pretty good :slight_smile:

All the reviews I’ve seen regarding the Tom Tom 6200 mention it’s very slow and is not reliable as it misses low bridges.
Saying that the only experience I’ve had with sat navs is my car unit that I’ve had years and that is a Tom Tom One and its cracking.
I just don’t want to have to spend more money down the line by making a mistake

Stay away from Garmin. Tomtom is the better sat nav and ive had both flagships

You will love the traffic on the tomtom.

SuperMultiBlue:
Stay away from Garmin. Tomtom is the better sat nav and ive had both flagships

You will love the traffic on the tomtom.

Do you have the 6200?

I have a Garmin Dezl 770 and love it.
It gets me to within about 50 feet of each address, even when doing plant delivery in Central London

Swapped with a work mate last week, trying out the TomTom. I just couldn’t get on with the poor mapping and slow recalculation or the Ms Moneypenny type voice

Each to their own.

One tip, I always use Satan to get me within about a mile, then google maps for the last bit. I have always gone straight to the door. I find google maps extremely accurate.

Satan? Lmao hilarious! Should have been satnav! Bloody autocorrect! Didn’t edit that out cos I thought it would give you a laugh, I did!

Hyh:
I have a Garmin Dezl 770 and love it.
It gets me to within about 50 feet of each address, even when doing plant delivery in Central London

Swapped with a work mate last week, trying out the TomTom. I just couldn’t get on with the poor mapping and slow recalculation or the Ms Moneypenny type voice

Each to their own.

Yeah this is the one I have been reviewing but the newest version 880 but I just can’t seem to be able to walk into anywhere and pick one up.

jbaz73:
One tip, I always use Satan to get me within about a mile, then google maps for the last bit. I have always gone straight to the door. I find google maps extremely accurate.

Satan!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was wondering what sort of forum I’d just joined :open_mouth:

Kynszon:

jbaz73:

Satan!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was wondering what sort of forum I’d just joined :open_mouth:

No poxy 6” screen for me! Get an address, forget google and Siri, I just break out my trusty ouija board and get to work! :smiling_imp:

I have the garmin dezl 770 and i can’t fault it. Lifetime traffic and as long as you use your brain, eyes and dare I say a little common sense you won’t go wrong with it. Recalculates reasonably quickly and is easy to use. Came in handy when I was trunking on n/shift with the usual crazy diversions and was excellent when i was on multidrop. As has been said any decent sat nav paired with google maps for last part of journey and you’ll be fine. I also find the satellite image overlay on google maps particularly useful for unfamiliar drops as 9 times out of 10 you can see exactly where you need to be.

s3amu5:
I have the garmin dezl 770 and i can’t fault it. Lifetime traffic and as long as you use your brain, eyes and dare I say a little common sense you won’t go wrong with it. Recalculates reasonably quickly and is easy to use. Came in handy when I was trunking on n/shift with the usual crazy diversions and was excellent when i was on multidrop. As has been said any decent sat nav paired with google maps for last part of journey and you’ll be fine. I also find the satellite image overlay on google maps particularly useful for unfamiliar drops as 9 times out of 10 you can see exactly where you need to be.

Been trying to get the 770 or new 780 but can’t get one anywhere, all out of stock, they are like rocking horse s**t
Tried the usual Argos Halfords and Amazon but none in stock.
Really want to walk in somewhere and touch and feel before buying…if that makes sense

Kynszon:

s3amu5:

Been trying to get the 770 or new 780 but can’t get one anywhere, all out of stock, they are like rocking horse s**t
Tried the usual Argos Halfords and Amazon but none in stock.
Really want to walk in somewhere and touch and feel before buying…if that makes sense

The Garmin DezlCam might be an alternative? It looks to have the same mapping abilities but has a built in DashCam too
I’ve never used a DezlCam so no idea if there are any features missing from the 770 etc

Apparently ordering tonight, my local Halfords can have one available on the Monday to look over etc - Maybe your local can do something similar ?
Any luck finding a Garmin Distrubutor from their website that is local to you ?

Aguri tx 720 truck sat nav comes with lifetime maps , speed cameras all the different types plus traffic light cameras warnings plus traffic and travel

trucker10:
Aguri tx 720 truck sat nav comes with lifetime maps , speed cameras all the different types plus traffic light cameras warnings plus traffic and travel

Looked at that and didn’t like the reviews but thanks for pointing it out

I’ve got the Tom Tom 520wifi, and at the moment it’s not picking up the live services, Tom Tom customer services are bloody useless, all they say is do a reset, and reconnect, …

When it’s working it’s spot on with the traffic, the mapping is excellent, my only issue is the failure to connect with live services,so it’s a bloody expensive STD truck nav at the moment.