Best route

I will be leaving Beford at 6am tomorrow for Tilbury. Have not done this run before and can not decide on the best route to take. M1,M25 looks the easy way ,but, I am thinking M25 on a Monday morning=traffic jams.

Looking at a map I could go down the A6 and cut across country and avoid the M25.

What would you do? :confused:

Thanks

Wayne.

Go the easy way. It gets there when it gets there. :wink:

out of bedford to A1 down to south mimms along M25 off at A13 posted tilbury

You could go
Bedfordā€¦A1 to Stevenageā€¦ cut across to Harlowā€¦ strraight over M11 towards Braintreeā€¦ to Chelmsford then the A130 to Benfleet and along the A13 to tilbury.

You Could go that wayā€¦ but I doubt if it is any quicker than Oddzsā€™s A1/M25 as the roads are mostyly single carriageway and also get busy in peak times

Thanks guys, guess its personal preference really.
Like Lucy says it gets there when it gets there.

Wayne.

:smiley: Forget the idea of going across 414 to Harlow. Think you STILL hit bad roadworks. Plus Harlow really chokes up. Come down A1 or M1 to M25 and get there when you get there :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Wayne. I deliver rental trucks & we often use a minibus to transport us to/from/between jobs.
From personal exsperience I can assure you the best way from a to b is infinatly variable & is only limited by how many truck drivers you ask. :laughing:

And whether you get paid hours, tips, or mileage, naturallyā€¦ :wink:

dwjinuk:
:smiley: Forget the idea of going across 414 to Harlow. Think you STILL hit bad roadworks. Plus Harlow really chokes up.

spot onā€¦keep clear of the A414 north of Harlow, very bad all day every day!

The roadworks on the M25 between J26 (Waltham Abbey) and the J27 (M11) were lifted at the beginning of last week, so you will sail thru that bit now. it will get a bit stuffed up just before J25 coz of the ā€œthree into two lanesā€ going under the Junction, but it flows and dosenā€™t hold you up too much.
Further round, you will get a bit of a back up going onto the Dartford Bridge which affects the A13 turn off a bit, but you will miss the worst of it.

hope this helps

The A1 was very slow (left at 7:30 in the end, 1 1/2 hrs waiting for paperwork) so came of at J7 onto the A602 then onto the A10 down to the M25. Not a bad trip, back in the yard at 4ish.

Thanks for the help :smiley:

Wayne.