Best Route

Looking for your thoughts on the best route to the Midlands from Immingham Docks on a Monday morning. Have 2 options Im looking at:

Onto the M1 via the M18 and down to the midlands that way or A46 down to the M1 and so on.

Cheers.

i’d say the 46 and miss the roadworks

If i do coal from Immingham to Rugby i go down the A15 then A46 to the M1 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:
If i do coal from Immingham to Rugby i go down the A15 then A46 to the M1 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

This way. Takes about 2 hours from the docks to the M1 at Leicester.

tango boy:

You might even get to see the Red Arrows as you go past Scampton, if not then at least you get to annoy everyone when you stick to 40 on the A15 :open_mouth:

steelgoon:

tango boy:

You might even get to see the Red Arrows as you go past Scampton, if not then at least you get to annoy everyone when you stick to 40 on the A15 :open_mouth:

40 Ish lol :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Sod going down the A15. You get stuck behind a tanker it will take you ages. I’d go via the M18.

Radar19:
Sod going down the A15. You get stuck behind a tanker it will take you ages. I’d go via the M18.

It is longer down the M18 even if you do get stuck behind something the A15 is Quicker, but each to your own mate :smiley:

tango boy:

Radar19:

It is longer even if you do get stuck but each to your own mate :smiley:

Having to traverse that road everyday to get to work, I’d like to avoid it as much as I can!

Radar19:

tango boy:

Radar19:

Having to traverse that road everyday to get to work, I’d like to avoid it as much as I can!

Fair enough :wink:

tango boy:

Radar19:

tango boy:

Radar19:

Fair enough :wink:

You said you did coal from the docks, do you still do that?

Need to get to the M69 so was thinking the A46 to miss the roadworks and slow traffic on the M1 eapecially on a Monday morning. Was hoping there was a clear cut quicker route but I guess not! :slight_smile:

Sometimes, it depends, we do it through Hargreaves. Tip up at Grove Wharf too :sunglasses:

rookie07:
Need to get to the M69 so was thinking the A46 to miss the roadworks and slow traffic on the M1 eapecially on a Monday morning. Was hoping there was a clear cut quicker route but I guess not! :slight_smile:

Its as broad as its long. You could catch the 15 when its clear or you get run into massive traffic on the M1.

rookie07:

What time are you starting??

tango boy:
Sometimes, it depends, we do it through Hargreaves. Tip up at Grove Wharf too :sunglasses:

You been up there recently? I work at DFDS, might of seen you!

Hope to be away from Immingham about 7am.

Radar19:

tango boy:

Early Jan mate.

rookie07:
Hope to be away from Immingham about 7am.

The 15 would be chocka at that time. By the time you’ve fought your way out of the docks and blasted up the A180, M180 you might as well continue to the M18.

tango boy:

Radar19:

tango boy:

Early Jan mate.

May of seen you, I started on the 6th of Jan.