Best Route UK- Lerida Spain

Hi all. Just got my first run out on the continent leaving tomorrow PM and bricking it, but looking forward to it at the same time. Really appreciate if you could advise on what the best route would be for Calais to Lerida, West or east side border crossing or straight through the middle. Have done the San Sebastian one loads of times, in a car, but never crossed through in the center or on the east side and should I avoid Paris and go via Le Mans?

Personally I’d go; Calais, Rouen, Evereux, Dreux, Chartres, Chateaudun, Vendome, Tours, then Motorway to Poitier leaving motorway onto N10, then Vivone, Angouleme, Barbizeux, Motorway again past Bordeaux into Spain at Irun, leave at 1st exit in Spain follow Pamplona on n121 past Sunbila, then pick up Motorway past Tafala, & Tudala then Motorway to Llerida. When I was doing the job I would’ve left the M’way at Tudela and used the National to Zaragoza, and again after Zaragoza to Llerida but you’ll need someone with more up to date knowledge to help you with that.

The N240 does go from Irun to Llerida but I havn’t been to that part of Spain for ten years and this road might have been improved, last time I was there I’d loaded onions (at Snr Troc’s packhouse) and went for ‘revision’!!!

Good luck & enjoy your trip.

Ross.

PS, STAY LEGAL!!

Avoid Paris at ALL costs! Could add hours onto your trip. Go through the middle…And RELAX! you’ll love it. Just behave and you’ll be fine!

I would second “avoid Paris at all costs” took me 3.5 hrs to do the 104 the other week and its only 100km.

The best route may be via Luxembourg, we might get conformation later.

Coffeeholic:
The best route may be via Luxembourg, we might get conformation later.

Arent you forgetting the train as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Schtickeys!!, Schtickeys!!..read ze schtickeys!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

FROM TUDELA TAKE THE A68 TO ZARAGOZA NOT AP68
SAVE YOU 20EURO APPROX IN TOLL AND JUST AS QUICK

DS2604:
FROM TUDELA TAKE THE A68 TO ZARAGOZA NOT AP68
SAVE YOU 20EURO APPROX IN TOLL AND JUST AS QUICK

correct

Thanks all. Sorry to take so long in posting back, been on the road. Didn’t go in the end, went down to Gib instead. Still down that way as well.