Best route to Woolwich, South London? And first night out

I’ve just been booked for a run out of Washington to a hospital in Woolwich with a load of air con ducting tomorrow. I will be then running back empty. I’ve noticed there’s a choice of routes I could take to get to where I need to go. Do you know which would be the best route?

Option 1: M11, A406 (North Circular Road), A1020 and Woolwich Ferry
or
Option 2: M11, M25, QE II Bridge, A2 and South Circular
Also, can anyone recommend any decent places to park up for the night in or around that area, or when I’m returning north?
Sorry I sound a bit ignorant, but I’m still fairly new to the trucking game.
Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Not sure where the hospital is but the Blackwall tunnel is also an option for that part of the world depending on what time of day you are planning to be there, think the first Woolwich Ferry is 6 in the morning. Personally I would completely avoid the M25 Dartford crossing option, further to travel and more scope for traffic delays

Blackwall route, long as you are not over 4.7m going south or not over 4m going north.

I will be starting at 05.00, and it’s about 300 miles to get to my destination. I will be in the area about lunchtime.

Garbo2018:
I will be starting at 05.00, and it’s about 300 miles to get to my destination. I will be in the area about lunchtime.

Would use the Blackwall at that time to get in and the Ferry to get out if you are heading back northbound, Blackwall is signed as 4m yet in artic you will struggle to get through even if you are 4m

Mazzer2:

Garbo2018:

Would use the Blackwall at that time to get in and the Ferry to get out if you are heading back northbound, Blackwall is signed as 4m yet in artic you will struggle to get through even if you are 4m

It’s probably an 18 or 26 tonne curtainsider rigid.

Garbo2018:

Mazzer2:

Garbo2018:

It’s probably an 18 or 26 tonne curtainsider rigid.

Still use ferry
As for parking put in Stone foundry lane charlton go down to the bottom and park behind the installcom yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just being informed that job has now been cancelled (typical agency) due to the fact that the firm that I was booked in with is now sending one of their own drivers down.

Woolwich ferry get there before 1700 book a over night cabin

malcolmgbell:
Woolwich ferry get there before 1700 book a over night cabin

That’s helpful advice. I’m going that way soon.
Can you provide a link so I can put in credit card details and ensure my cabin is reserved?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

There you go ask for kharn helpful kind of chap tfl.gov.uk/river-bus/woolwich-ferry/cabin/ bookings

Yes, I was in Greenwich today with my huge 16 seater minibus, I would appreciate the information to allow me to work my passage back through the Mersey Tunnel to Walthamstow.
Thanks in advance.
Stew
■■■

Found this info

We recommend you to book a cabin for a night crossing.
Cabins are sold exclusively for flat rate.
Cabins must be left one hour before arrival.
We would like to point out that not all types of cabins are the same or available on each boat.
Baby cribs: Baby cribs can be hired for crossing for 7 €/ crib. You can request it at the reception of the ship, making sure with our cabin crew that it can be installed in the reserved cabin (in some cabins, cribs can’t be installed due to the lack of space).
Attention: We would like to remind you that the use of the step ladder is obligatory to reach the upper beds. The use of the upper beds for children under 12 years is not recommended

cabine-cruise_small.jpg

malcolmgbell:
Found this info

We recommend you to book a cabin for a night crossing.
Cabins are sold exclusively for flat rate.
Cabins must be left one hour before arrival.
We would like to point out that not all types of cabins are the same or available on each boat.
Baby cribs: Baby cribs can be hired for crossing for 7 €/ crib. You can request it at the reception of the ship, making sure with our cabin crew that it can be installed in the reserved cabin (in some cabins, cribs can’t be installed due to the lack of space).
Attention: We would like to remind you that the use of the step ladder is obligatory to reach the upper beds. The use of the upper beds for children under 12 years is not recommended

Very helpful. The site couldn’t take my credit card for some reason? So I sent an email with all my bank details to them.
Thanks again, mate.

:slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

sorry lad’s we’ve stopped the cabin’s but you can still use the duty free shop. :wink:

Franglais that email you sent with your bank details has reached me at my Nigerian office. Thank you you kindly now I have stopped laughing at how little you earn. Have notified my Nigerian colleagues not to bother asking truckers for help moving funds anymore.