Best route to Girvan Ayrshire

For the northern lads best route for Girvan from scotch corner as there is three routes I can use I’m full loaded and plate steel on but need smoothest route thanks lads

if your cards are fine just keep your elbows in and go the 75 and cairnryan,if you want the cruiser route go m74 and come back down.unless theres still roadworks etc up near hamilton??..i wouldnt be heading cross coutry as its all twists and turns especially in this crappy weather,plus if you stop for a pee,the junkies will get you… :slight_smile:

There’s not a lot in it whichever way you go, but the smoothest would be the M74 all the way up onto the M77 and back down. I tend to come off at Gretna and use A75 to Dumfries, A76 to ■■■■■■■■ A70 to Ayr, A77 to Girvan. 14 foot bridge on the A70 with a short diversion route. Hope this helps.

I’d come all the way to Stranraer/ Cairnryan and hang a right up the A77. Couple of big hills but plenty fast enough. I’d avoid the A714 through Barrhill, there’s a couple of very tightish bridges, either side of Pinwherry. Road might even be closed altogether. It’s very slow for sure and there’s plenty of gearchanging.

Andy_GTI:
There’s not a lot in it whichever way you go, but the smoothest would be the M74 all the way up onto the M77 and back down. I tend to come off at Gretna and use A75 to Dumfries, A76 to ■■■■■■■■ A70 to Ayr, A77 to Girvan. 14 foot bridge on the A70 with a short diversion route. Hope this helps.

this one only !. ignore the rest.

Thanks lads

How did it go pal ?.