Best route to Friedrichshafen

Hi All

Just wondering what the best route from Calais to Friedrichshafen is , sending an artic down at the end of august , i was thinking Belgium , Lux , saarbrucken and down , any views appreciated. :laughing:

As you said Belgium-Lux-Saarbrucken-Pirmasens-Landau-Karlsruhe-Stuttgart-Sindelfingen-Singen and then a nice run across the side Lake Konstanz.

Ben9:
As you said Belgium-Lux-Saarbrucken-Pirmasens-Landau-Karlsruhe-Stuttgart-Sindelfingen-Singen and then a nice run across the side Lake Konstanz.

Or you might think about Lux down to Metz and across to Strasbourg then cross in to Germany and down the five to Freiburg im Breisgau and pick up the b31 to Geisingen then down the 81 then the 98 and join the 31 again to the finish the journey. Yes i know there will be some French tolls but its a few less kliks and a very pretty route.

thetourist:
Or you might think about Lux down to Metz and across to Strasbourg then cross in to Germany and down the five to Freiburg im Breisgau and pick up the b31 to Geisingen then down the 81 then the 98 and join the 31 again to the finish the journey. Yes i know there will be some French tolls but its a few less kliks and a very pretty route.

Another option from Strasbourg is to cross into Germany and take the B33 ower t’tops of the Black Forest from Offenburg to Villingen-Schwenningen to pick up the A81. Also sehr schön :slight_smile:

Ben9’s route would be subject to quite a bit of maut :wink:

yeah, its a great drive via Villingen-Schwenningen.

Which ever way you go it is a lovely run. I would stick to Lux & France and avoid Germany as much as possible. I used to pick cars up from ZF and take them to the Nurburgring for testing. Either that or bring them home to Gaydon.

Inselaffe:

thetourist:

Another option from Strasbourg is to cross into Germany and take the B33 ower t’tops of the Black Forest from Offenburg to Villingen-Schwenningen to pick up the A81. Also sehr schön :slight_smile:

Ben9’s route would be subject to quite a bit of maut :wink:

totally agree over the top on the 33 is a beautiful route but a bit bendy all right if you got the time to enjoy the scenery and a great place to buy a cuckoo clock lots of tourist traffic in the summer months that’s why “thetourist” some time goes that way

Thanks for the replys , couple of options to consider. :sunglasses:

Brit Pete lives in Germany,he may assist.