Best route to Buxton from M1?

Anyone give me some help with best route for artic to Buxton from the M1. Travelling from Hull.
Is it best through Chesterfield or via Sheffield?
Cheers

chesterfield,where abouts in buxton are you going…?

andy.

Andy, not sure where in Buxton I’m going yet. Will find out to-morrow. Thanks for your help

I would say Chesterfield, heading out towards Chatsworth.

Been that way a few times recently and always found it a nice easy run.

Go anywhere near the centre of Sheffield and anything could happen!

through chesterfield is the best way

exit j29 m1 south, take the a617 follow it upto the a623/a619 turn left onto the a623 (walton road) which then becomes matlock road follow that right the way down which then leads you to the a6, turn right at the junction as there is a low bridge to you left and go from there !

I used to go to Seldon Research in Buxton. Used to head down from Plenmeller with RPC bottles. Can’t remember what way as it’s been over a year since I’ve been. All I remember is it’s a hell of a place to stick a factory!

keano1:
Anyone give me some help with best route for artic to Buxton from the M1. Travelling from Hull.
Is it best through Chesterfield or via Sheffield?
Cheers

Hiya …we need more info Keano1". How high are you and is it a quarry your going to?? you may be going to friden bricks (a515)
thats miles away from Buxton but still comes under the Buxton area as do Longcliff quarry on the 200miles to a inch map that tsp
managers seem to have.
John

Come on Keano give us a clue, your heading into my hometown, depending on which end of town your going depends on which way you come.

dowahdiddyman:
Come on Keano give us a clue, your heading into my hometown, depending on which end of town your going depends on which way you come.

Well if he’s coming from Hull there’s only 1 sensible way in and that’s as Mark said earlier.

It does make a difference, depending if you want the top end, or the bottom of Buxton. you come to an island at Baslow, and you either fork left or right.

Cheers for all the advice. Went to Buxton today & delivered trailer load to Primopost @ Staden Park. Reverse onto bay, feet up for an hour while unloading. :smiley: lovely. Went via Jct 29 through Chesterfield passed Chatsworth House, Baslow etc
Lovely scenery and some of those winding roads made a nice change from the motorway :open_mouth:

Thanks for the help

keano1:
Cheers for all the advice. Went to Buxton today & delivered trailer load to Primopost @ Staden Park. Reverse onto bay, feet up for an hour while unloading. :smiley: lovely. Went via Jct 29 through Chesterfield passed Chatsworth House, Baslow etc
Lovely scenery and some of those winding roads made a nice change from the motorway :open_mouth:

Thanks for the help

How many tippers passed you ? Did they wait until the straights :smiling_imp:

Buxton is/was tipper heaven from the quarries :grimacing:

Its not the tippers you should worry about, its the bleedin lunatics in the powder tankers. :laughing: :laughing: