Best route please

Best route from Northampton to Hereford please.
44 ton 14’6" trailer

Cheers gents

If your going at night then I would wouldn’t like to say as they shut so many main trunk roads these days it might take longer than you think!

M1, M6, M42, M5 to Worcester. Round the by pass then follow the signs for Hereford. Where in Hereford are you headed?

Thetaff2:
If your going at night then I would wouldn’t like to say as they shut so many main trunk roads these days it might take longer than you think!

Don’t talk to me about night closures!! A5 sb was/is closed south of Brownhills this week and after following the diversion through the country side, me and several others came to this at the other end!! Had to screw round in the McD/Ben&Jerry’s/Travelodge entrance! And if you don’t know yet (I do put this info on Twitter) the M40 North & South will be closed from j15-M42-j15 within the next few days…for 4 weeks…on top of M6 always being dug up somewhere!!

Pwyll:
M1, M6, M42, M5 to Worcester. Round the by pass then follow the signs for Hereford. Where in Hereford are you headed?

Agreed.

But if at night and the M6 is shut 1 to 2, you could always M45, A45, A46, M40 to M42 and resume as Pwyll suggested.

Juddian:

Pwyll:

Agreed.

But if at night and the M6 is shut 1 to 2, you could always M45, A45, A46, M40 to M42 and resume as Pwyll suggested.

That’s what I’d do. A46 is actually about ten minutes quicker than M42/M5, even if you stick to the 40mph limit.

Rhythm Thief:

Juddian:

Pwyll:

Agreed.

That’s what I’d do. A46 is actually about ten minutes quicker than M42/M5, even if you stick to the 40mph limit.

Didn’t mean our OP to go on the 2 lane A46, meant him to nip down A46 dual from Cov to M40, then M40 North for about 6 miles to link up with M42 again.

If you are going to go down the A4103 from Worcester to Hereford then I hope you are not carrying too much weight! Not the best route if heavy. Better to go M50,A49 up to Hereford. A bit longer but less hassle and better for wear and tear and fuel figures! Have done both and time wise it really isn’t much quicker on the A4103.

rgt1973:
If you are going to go down the A4103 from Worcester to Hereford then I hope you are not carrying too much weight! Not the best route if heavy. Better to go M50,A49 up to Hereford. A bit longer but less hassle and better for wear and tear and fuel figures! Have done both and time wise it really isn’t much quicker on the A4103.

Just watch out for stones coming at your windscreen in Ross. :open_mouth:

Thank you gentlemen :smiley:

a bit lat e to this a but a49 and come back scenic route
what did you do

Juddian:

Rhythm Thief:

Juddian:

Pwyll:

Agreed.

Didn’t mean our OP to go on the 2 lane A46, meant him to nip down A46 dual from Cov to M40, then M40 North for about 6 miles to link up with M42 again.

M40 n/b was closed last night so that’s ■■■■■■ for the next month…HA West Mids are trying desperately hard to keep us Southerners from entering their jurisdiction but we will find a way through!!

a49 if heavy

Actrosman:

Juddian:

Rhythm Thief:

Juddian:

Pwyll:

Agreed.

M40 n/b was closed last night so that’s [zb] for the next month…HA West Mids are trying desperately hard to keep us Southerners from entering their jurisdiction but we will find a way through!!

:laughing: :laughing:

M6 south at 11 to 10 shut again no diversion till your half way round the RA then its sending you back to 12 ffs Rang Highways and gave em a right ear full and the 2 guys in the van on the sb on slip at 11 didn’t give a flying ■■■■ that there were no signs … so if your coming south exit 11 take the 2nd exit for A462 Warstone Rd ( WELLINHALL A462 - WALSALL B4210) follow this and pick up signs M6 southbound bringing you back on at jn 10.

Just to add this route is ok for all sizes including DD

nick2008…wondered why j11 was packed…everyone was going round in bloody circles! When I left Cannock, I took the A5 SB and then picked up the A452… Follow that right down to M6 j5, which misses the j6-5 closure on the 6…not a bad route, takes 25mins from A5-M6 but there is a 15’ bridge with a diversionary route for tall’uns

They don’t want us on the roads while the nimbys are awake, but they shut all the bloody roads when we try and get the job done early.