Best route home

I’m at J26 truck stop tonight. Trying to decide on the best route back to Immingham. Will both the A1 and A14 be closed tonight? Or am I stuck going up the M1 to J21A and get on the 46 to Newark?

Radar19:
I’m at J26 truck stop tonight. Trying to decide on the best route back to Immingham. Will both the A1 and A14 be closed tonight? Or am I stuck going up the M1 to J21A and get on the 46 to Newark?

Best option would be to check for planned road closures, the M11 has been closed on a night at junction 8, there’s roadworks on A14 and the A1 had lay-bys closed north of Peterborough, doing resurfacing work. M1 is your best bet cut up to Newark

J25, A10 to Royston the old road to Caxton Gibbet around Papworth, up to Huntingdon and crack on!

Go straight up m11, A1 closures are around b645 up to Alconbury/Brampton.

A1 closures further up are sth bound Grantham to Closterworth.

Highways England are your friend. Anytime I’m needing help down south they are better than a satnav.

According to highways England, the A14 westbound from where the m11 ends is closed tonight.

I had no issues getting home , but that was at 15.30 :sunglasses:

Grumpy Dad:

Radar19:

Best option would be to check for planned road closures, the M11 has been closed on a night at junction 8, there’s roadworks on A14 and the A1 had lay-bys closed north of Peterborough, doing resurfacing work. M1 is your best bet cut up to Newark

That’s how I would do it OR try to go Thetford way heading up to Boston and come the back ways in via Horncastle and Caistor.

@Radar19
just out of interest:

Which route did you pick and did it go?