Best route from calais to sennefeld near schweinfurt

hi just wondered any ideas original plan was acchaen then I have thought maybe lux and over border at trier shipping out sunday

50 klicks longer via Lux but cheap diesel and less Maut through Germany.

From Trier take the " Hunsrückhöhenstraße" past Hahn airport to the A61 at Rheinböllen (cracking Autohof :wink: ) which only has Maut on the dual carriageway section.

Avoid the Mainz / Frankfurt area during rush hour Monday morning, best to get through before 6am if you want to avoid the jams.

Inselaffe:
50 klicks longer via Lux but cheap diesel and less Maut through Germany.

From Trier take the " Hunsrückhöhenstraße" past Hahn airport to the A61 at Rheinböllen (cracking Autohof :wink: ) which only has Maut on the dual carriageway section.

Avoid the Mainz / Frankfurt area during rush hour Monday morning, best to get through before 6am if you want to avoid the jams.

thanks I will be paying by machine in lux(aral services) do I have to put the route in im taking or will it give a route automatically not been Germany for years

I have never used a Maut machine but I have a feeling that it will try to route you via Koblenz or Kaiserslautern, so you may have to manually insert way points to get your desired route.

THIS is the route you want.

Keep an eye on the weather mind. The cross country section between the A1 and A61 is a trifle undulating and may be a problem in the snow.

Inselaffe:
I have never used a Maut machine but I have a feeling that it will try to route you via Koblenz or Kaiserslautern, so you may have to manually insert way points to get your desired route.

THIS is the route you want.

Keep an eye on the weather mind. The cross country section between the A1 and A61 is a trifle undulating and may be a problem in the snow.

That’s the way I’d go too, weather permitting.
Make a note of those junction names, I don’t think the MAUT machine shows junction numbers. You’ll probably have to do two separate routes; from Lux to where you turn off the A1, and where you join the A61 to Schweinfurt. I’ve got a feeling you can’t use the junction Inselaffe has routed you to due to a weight limit, but I’m not sure about that. I’d get it to the next junction along (Gochsheim), it’s only a few km further. Infact I’d put the autohof at J3 Werneck as my end point and then put a via point at Gochsheim. That way you can tip or load, then go back to the autohof to do your MAUT for the next leg of your journey and get a coffee for while you’re waiting for the maut machine to do its thing. You should have paid your toll before joining the autobahn, if a BAG man catches you without maut you can be fined on the spot, even if you’re only going half a junc’ up the autobahn to a service area to get it. Most of them are ok, but you can always get one having an off day.

Simon:
Make a note of those junction names, I don’t think the MAUT machine shows junction numbers. You’ll probably have to do two separate routes; from Lux to where you turn off the A1, and where you join the A61 to Schweinfurt.

As of August last year, the dual carriageway section of the B50 which starts around Hahn airport to where it joins the A61 at Rheinböllen is also now subject to Maut.

Simon:
I’ve got a feeling you can’t use the junction Inselaffe has routed you to due to a weight limit, but I’m not sure about that. I’d get it to the next junction along (Gochsheim), it’s only a few km further. Infact I’d put the autohof at J3 Werneck as my end point and then put a via point at Gochsheim. That way you can tip or load, then go back to the autohof to do your MAUT for the next leg of your journey and get a coffee for while you’re waiting for the maut machine to do its thing. You should have paid your toll before joining the autobahn, if a BAG man catches you without maut you can be fined on the spot, even if you’re only going half a junc’ up the autobahn to a service area to get it. Most of them are ok, but you can always get one having an off day.

The junction off the A1 (Mehring) onto the L150 which leads you to the B327 has no weight limit but has a couple of steep twisty sections.

I don’t think there is a weight limit if you come off at Schweinfurt Zentrum but coming off one junction further along at Gochsheim, as Simon suggests, would probably be easier to get you to Sennfeld.

Be aware that you can’t cut through Würzburg on the B19 in a truck, you have to go all the way round on the A3 and A7 via Biebelrieder Kreuz.

The Autohof (truckstop) Simon refers to is marked “A” on THIS MAP.

As you haven’t been to Germany for a while, here are a couple more which I can recommend where you might want to hang your hat:

“B” Autohof Wertheim

“C” Autohof Rheinböllen.

At an Autohof, the usual practice is to pay the geezer wandering the yard to park, or pay at the cashdesk. You will receive a number of tickets. Place the top one (Parkschein) in your windscreen to prove you’ve paid for parking. Take the other tickets into the restaurant where you will have your parking charge knocked off your bill.

Make sure you pay for parking BEFORE having your meal.

At Wertheim there may still be a barrier at the entrance to the parking area which issues you a ticket. In this case, then take this ticket and pay at the machine inside the truckstop before your meal and show the (doubtless stunning) waitress your receipt to recover your parking charge.

thanks to all sounds like it will take few minutes to put info in the machine im sure i will sort it just one other thing which is the last services in lux you can get the maut

There is a machine at Wasserbillig services on the German border according to Toll Collect:

BK Restaurant Sarl
Luxemburg-6601 Wasserbillig
Autoroute E 44 - Aire de Wasserbillig

hanson:
thanks to all sounds like it will take few minutes to put info in the machine

It will, get a coffee first, to drink while waiting for the machine.

hanson:
thanks to all sounds like it will take few minutes to put info in the machine im sure i will sort it just one other thing which is the last services in lux you can get the maut

This site may come in handy in future

toll-collect.de/en/home.html

thanks to all for the info going out machine sent me round on the autobahn which wasnt bad as weather wasnt good going past hahn airport came back that way thou,what a load of carry on the machines are,you seem to be for ever working out where your tax runs out when you have to get more and so and so on
guess nothing is simple in life :laughing: