Best route for......

…Honeybourne to Headcorn & return…

I’m thinking drop down to A40, then pick up M40, M25 etc etc

Bearing in mind Grand Prix starts tomorrow…and its Fairford Air show…and it’s a Friday…

Hi that sounds OK onto M20 exit J7 right, next roundabout Left, next roundabout right onto New Cut Rd, at the end lights turn left,old A20,next lights turn right on a hill, into Willington st, at the end lights turn left a bit tight which is the A274 to Headcorn, about 20 mins if its Hain Daniels your going thru village comes up on right hand side have a good trip.

There are currently roadworks on Sutton Valence hill (steep and the village is narrow) and another local rat run road is also closed, along with numerous building sites causing delays on this stretch of road, so traffic is heavy along the A274 and this will delay you . It can take anything up to 45 minutes to get from Willington street to the good side of the roadworks. Don’t get caught out for needing a break. Maidstone town centre is a place to avoid like the plague - always busy and off peak roadworks on A229 north bound. The return along Willington street and New Cut rd at busy times can also be very slow. To give an idea it can take an hour to get to J7 M20 from Sutton Valence village. Watch you don’t lose your mirrors through Langley, the road is narrower than it appears.

You must not attempt to use Junction 8 M20 and B 2163 through Leeds Village to get around this there is a 17t ban.

Roadworks here:

google.co.uk/maps/@51.21123 … 312!8i6656

Narrow part of hill:

google.co.uk/maps/@51.21317 … 312!8i6656

Used to go to clock house farm nr Leeds village ,oncoming cars would make various hand gestures to me :laughing:

Apart from the sheer volume of traffic that uses this road, which is getting worse every month, the reason for the gestures in Leeds village is that there are several fruit packhouses in the area which import European fruit and veg. If an Artic meets another HGV or bus here then they cannot pass. Many, many times the two vehicles have been wedged together for hours until recovery separates them.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.24798 … 312!8i6656

The bigger picture is that virtually ever since The M20 was extended from Maidstone to Ashford there has been talk about a southern by pass for Maidstone, but there is not even talk of a route yet. Since the 17t ban through Leeds was introduced over 15 years ago the traffic on the mentioned Willington street has got heavier, which is why there are signs all along it. The council’s answer to the traffic problem has been to propose, and allow building to get well under way, of tens of thousands of new mainly upmarket houses in the Weald, each with several cars, practically all of which are seeking the shortest route to the M 20.

On the back of this fortunes are being made.