Best road map for hgv

just wondering what the best road maps are?not A-Z just a atlas with bridge height and weights etc

think there is only one the close up truckers atlas

bubsy06:

I swear by the big (A3 size ish) Phillips atlas. Very detailed. I do keep an old AA one for bridge heights although there do seem to be a lot of them missing.

£7-8 odd at the moment from Amazon - newer 2008 edition :slight_smile:

The close up truckers atlas is very good. We only carry those, no sat navs yet!

Goaty:

bubsy06:

I swear by the big (A3 size ish) Phillips atlas. Very detailed. I do keep an old AA one for bridge heights although there do seem to be a lot of them missing.

Phillips navigator for the country everytime

renaultman:

Goaty:

bubsy06:

Phillips navigator for the country everytime

Tha’s the bugger !

I have an up-to-date AA Truckers Atlas with bridge heights, Weight limits and narrow bridges. It’s never let me down yet, and seems to be accurate (£20 though).

I still love the ease of use and regional close up maps of the Phillips atlas though. So, I have both!..and a TomTom which used properly, in conjunction with the maps and some common sense, is worth it’s weight in gold!

I wouldn’t bother with any of them, you may as well just guess !! I have truckers bridge atlas thing, tom tom with all the limits, bridges and allsorts on it, i drove for years and never had a problem and now i’m getting stuck everywhere !!! Could be my age ! :blush:

defo AA truckers
Philips navi was available in regional bits