Best road in spain NEW PHOTOS

browncow2:
ar you a ex pat vascoingles? or ar you native of the basque?

English

why ?

who do you work for, i use to know a lot of spanish guys who worked for olloquigi(extinct)

browncow2:
who do you work for, i use to know a lot of spanish guys who worked for olloquigi(extinct)

Ollloquiegui who were taken over by Transmeditteranea alonng with Frimur and then disappeared.

I run the Spanish operations side for a Dutch company

browncow2:
i hope that the welshboyinspain is not an ex member of the cardiff soul crew. have worked with a lot of truck drivers from cardiff, who were mad bluebirds fans. ps good win today.

theres no such thing as ex i’m afraid it sticks for life :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Vascoingles, you in the fridge business or dry ?.

Ex Haulier:
Hi Vascoingles, you in the fridge business or dry ?.

In both, try to stay away from fridges though far too much waiting around

I don’t know why but something had got me to thinking that you had something to do with one of the dutch firms that did flowers. Been racking my brains trying to remember there names, they use to do a lot out of chipiona, near cadiz. I’m sure you will put me out of my misery. I always thought it was the dry freight boys who did all the hanging about !.

Ex Haulier:
I don’t know why but something had got me to thinking that you had something to do with one of the dutch firms that did flowers. Been racking my brains trying to remember there names, they use to do a lot out of chipiona, near cadiz. I’m sure you will put me out of my misery. I always thought it was the dry freight boys who did all the hanging about !.

I have loaded flowers out of Chipiona on occasion but not for a few years now though

Do you remember the names of the dutch companies who were the main players down at chipiona ?. There was one who use to work with a spanish haulier who had a base there. Driving me nuts trying to think who they were ?.

Ex Haulier:
Do you remember the names of the dutch companies who were the main players down at chipiona ?. There was one who use to work with a spanish haulier who had a base there. Driving me nuts trying to think who they were ?.

Seem to remember the name was something like Van Dongen

Yes your right. Thanks for that it was driving me nuts, had typed all sorts of things into google trying to come up with the name.

some more random photos alomg the 101

miles and miles of sunflowers

one of morrisons deliveries!!!

one of my bosses brothers (big families in spain)

i’ve tried to get some shots of the hundreds of windmills but not sure if the zoom worked well enough!!

some more shots

almazan in the distance, an oasis when you’re hungry and thirsty!!

for the truckstop DON’T take left for madrid stay on road into town centre then turn left at t junction

won’t be long before the road is replaced by a motorway :frowning:

Is the Torres paper mill and factory still open,if you go straight on through Alamazan.

toby1234abc:
Is the Torres paper mill and factory still open,if you go straight on through Alamazan.

yes it is, its working more now they,ve closed the one in algeciras which was quite close to acerinox

welshboyinspain:

toby1234abc:

yes it is, its working more now they,ve closed the one in algeciras which was quite close to acerinox

Must admit seeing those pics does make me reminisce & god forbid even miss the old life. :smiling_imp:

Are the Storks still nesting everywhere round Almazan in season, I remember they used to have a big fiesta there every year when the first Stork returned to the town.

Can you recall when they 1st upgraded the C101? Miles of dirt track whilst they did it but no one eased off :laughing: just gelled on & ended up with a filthy fridge at the other end. :smiling_imp:

Early 90’s my mate “Harry” on McCanns launched his SK Merc & fridge over there near Gomara, swerved to miss a car on his side of the road & launched her over the ditch into a field, she stayed upright amazingly but ripped all 6 axles off, the Guardia actually praised him for missing the car which stopped (fortunately for Harry) & they found the Spaniards inside to be completely legless. We had passed him the night before at Medinacelli (homeward bound) we shouted him on the cb to stick the old “billy” on & run to Valverde with us but he decided to stay put, next morning no sign so we thought he was in front of us,only found out what had happened when we got into Cherbourg to catch the Stena. He always said that after that he’d stick with us by whatever means neccesary :laughing: :smiling_imp:
:laughing: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

if you notice on some other topics thers always the holier than thou brigade who remind us all that non motorway is 80 km limit but if you did 80 on the 101 you’d have a huge queue behind you :smiley: its flat out all the way keep it lit as they say :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
if you notice on some other topics thers always the holier than thou brigade who remind us all that non motorway is 80 km limit but if you did 80 on the 101 you’d have a huge queue behind you :smiley: its flat out all the way keep it lit as they say :laughing: :laughing:

Ahh Yesss :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: Infinity & beyond :laughing: Anyway them old 3 series didnt like anything less than flat out & a bit :smiling_imp:

welshboyinspain:

might help if some of them woke up and started living in the real world :unamused: