Best places to look for a job?

Hi guys,as above really!

Im looking on government job site all the time along with indeed. It all seems to be agency stuff which i do not want to do tbh.

Iv rang a few up other day,awaiting a call back from 1,which i doubt with me been a newbie and a form off another. 1 app form goin in post tomoz.

What other ways is there,or other sites?

I dont have a cv,much pref an application form

All help appreciated.

H

As has been said on numerous occastions…Your best bet by far is to go in person to all the firms in your area.Have all your cards with you…Hi vis,boots,gloves etc…Just in case…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you can get in at an agency I would suggest that is the bet way to go for a month or two.

With agencies you get to look at a load of different companies before deciding which one you fancy applying for. Also, they see what you’re about and get a good idea if you’re any good or not. If you are then they’ll be happy to take you on without the desired 2 years experience.

The other plus side about agency work is that you are on an hourly rate. OK, it might only be £9 and hour or so but quite often you can earn more than their regular drivers.

I know when I worked for an agency in Grimsby the local lads were getting about £450 fixed rate for a week and I was earning £500 for only slightly more hours. (top line obviously)

You have to remember that as a new driver you are an untested source. Not too many companies will be willing to give you a start and if they do you will more than likely be driving the worst truck in the fleet.

However, with agency work, you will get to drive good kit as they are only asking for you as they have lots of work on. You then get a chance to graft your nuts off and show them what you’re about. Then if you like the company you can have a word with the gaffer and they’ll more than likely give you a start.

daftvader:
As has been said on numerous occastions…Your best bet by far is to go in person to all the firms in your area.Have all your cards with you…Hi vis,boots,gloves etc…Just in case…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This ^^^ get out there and talk to people,if you was a transport manager how do you tell from a cv?, going in to a firm is worth more than hiding behind a letter.

Try multi drop, they are always looking for new drivers, brilliant for getting 2 years of experience

now sorted with a job. thanks for replies guys :wink:

HGV:
now sorted with a job. thanks for replies guys :wink:

What did you go for in the end?