Best places to drive in the UK

i totally i agree , last week i went uo to fort william , never been furher north than dumbarton on the west side before, that A82 is one hell of a road,beautiful scenery in places tight as hell in others , what a road !!!

Paul:
Any road I havent driven on before…at least your not passing the same old things

Rikki-UK:

Before all the restrictions you used to be able to park in Balls Pond Rd and walk along Dalston High Rd to Cook’s, not bad pie n mash in there, not bad for North London anyway

Since when did Northerners know how to do Pie and mash correctly?

see that big river (Thames) God put it there for a reason , to keep the good and great South of the river away from the great unwashed :slight_smile:

Ain’t that the truth :laughing:

newmercman:
Westmoreland Rd, London SE17, home of the best pie n mash in the world :sunglasses:

I was there today funny enough. We are running material in to the new places built on what was the heygate. Il take a picture for you next time I’m over there.

The road from Ramsey to Douglas on the Isle of Man
over the mountain following the TT course .

quirky

toby1234abc:
For me it is the Fenns,it reminds me of Europe

Are you being serious? Hollands flat but atleast its got pretty windmills to look at.

for me the best road i have driven in a truck in the uk is the scarborough to whitby plenty of twists and turns great scenery if its nice too!

Any road that takes me home …

A470. Merthyr to Brecon is superb.

nothing like the a9 from perth to john o groats. just beautiful, one of the best roads in the uk imho.

anywhere in snowdonia is good too.

bald bloke:

I used to enjoy the drive along the vale of neath before they put the dual carriageway in.

truckerjon:

bald bloke:

I used to enjoy the drive along the vale of neath before they put the dual carriageway in.

Done that the other week and its nice.

bald bloke:

Turn on to the A4059 through Penderyn to Hirwaun.

truckerjon:

You can still do most of the old road from just after Neath to Hirwaun.

One of my favourites in the car has to be the A832 in the Highlands. Wide open, long sweeping bends, excellent visibility etc. Spoiled now by the view of traffic cops with cameras :frowning: :frowning:

We are paid to look at the scenery,not a bad job.

Rikki-UK:

newmercman:
Westmoreland Rd, London SE17, home of the best pie n mash in the world :sunglasses:

Bulls round things :slight_smile: best Pie, Mash and Liquour (with available truck parking) was always Mansies on Jamaica Road ( just before it became Tower Bridge road)

now that shows my age :frowning:

well that i,m not sure about but my great Aunt lived in Jamaica Road but my best trips were to Wick from barking also from barking to penzance with 2 twenty foot boxes from some place called the Philippines. but the 1 one that had the hairs on no it wasnt to rotterdam in a day cab marathron it was a naffi shipment to devonport , let say in 1982

war1974:
for me the best road i have driven in a truck in the uk is the scarborough to whitby plenty of twists and turns great scenery if its nice too!

That’s me too - but the other way round, from Redcar to Whitby and Scarborough.

A1 from Morpeth through beautiful Northumberland, and the stunning North East coastline with all it’s castles and Holy Island.

Ken.

dont forget the speed cameras

toby1234abc:
…any Trucknet members from that area on here?

Yep! I like driving all over East Anglia. Because I get to visit loads of different farms all over the East, the driving tends to be a bit more technical compared to schlepping up the A14, or any motorway, only to sit in an RDC waiting to be tipped.

But I appreciate it’s a case of different strokes for different folks!

penrith to hexham over hartside a bit iffy wintertime :smiley: and through alston, or alston over killhope down through weardale,gods country i am a bit biased as i lived up there,but now living in shropshire, driving around this county and into mid wales comes pretty close.

Any road with scenery, went over Cat and Fiddle yesterday and I was thinking that people go on holiday to see what I was getting paid to look at.