Best place to stay tonight please?

Between Edinburgh & Carlisle…cheers

by the river at langholm perhaps

Crawford Arms Hotel? Good home cooked food, shower, couple of pints and a game of pool.

Go via the motorway and stay at the Route 74 .

Red moss truck stop, £10 to park (but they will put whatever you want on your chit) £8.50 2 courses
Bar showers and it’s quiet.

Lockerbie truck stop £20 I believe but you get £5 towards your meal has a bar too

HTH

Lockerbie is good. Very large tarmacced parking area patrolled by security, trailer changeover area is kept well out of the way. Food not too bad, reasonably priced. Toilets and showers get cleaned regularly. Has a small shop and fuel on site. Cafe, toilets and shower is open 24hrs. North and south access to the M74 via J16 from the north, J17 to the south. Quite why people park overnight in the motorway services at J16 I don’t know when Lockerbie truckstop is literally 2 minutes away.

Cheers lads…Lockerbie sounds favourite

Or poss try eardleys junc 19 on 74 got cafe and things all working now plus truckwash open24/7 so security not a problem

Conor:
Lockerbie is good. Very large tarmacced parking area patrolled by security, trailer changeover area is kept well out of the way. Food not too bad, reasonably priced. Toilets and showers get cleaned regularly. Has a small shop and fuel on site. Cafe, toilets and shower is open 24hrs. North and south access to the M74 via J16 from the north, J17 to the south. Quite why people park overnight in the motorway services at J16 I don’t know when Lockerbie truckstop is literally 2 minutes away.

Those bloody services are terrible too, so far to walk from the truck park to the service building, so the truck park smells like a toilet, I’m a hater of peeing up the wheel, and even I’ve done it there when stopping for a quick pee and followed the signs to the truck parking :open_mouth: