Best place to get hi-vis/work wear

I’m after a decent jacket…

Preferably better than the cheapest (as it needs to be actual waterproof ) but don’t want to spend big money

My company would provide but their stuff is cheap and nasty and probably only XL size :unamused:

I’d love this…

But guess how much that label is worth…

I won’t tell you because it’s ridiculous and no one in there right mind would pay that much for a hi-vis jacket… NO ONE

Also need a decent vest.

Also smart , but too expensive :cry:

Screenshot_20201013-210643_Drive.jpg

Evolved:
I’m after a decent jacket…

Preferably better than the cheapest (as it needs to be actual waterproof ) but don’t want to spend big money

My company would provide but their stuff is cheap and nasty and probably only XL size :unamused:

I’d love this…

But guess how much that label is worth…

I won’t tell you because it’s ridiculous and no one in there right mind would pay that much for a hi-vis jacket… NO ONE

Also need a decent vest.

HH is yachting so will be expensive don’t waste your money It will take you a week to pay for it and less time to ruin it !!

robthedog:
less time to ruin it !!

As soon as I attach dog clip & go near the hoses/connections

It’s ruined

:laughing:

But you can’t deny … it’s a nice jacket! Be warm

Anything I own that’s HH (non workwear) is top quality …

Yachting truck driver lol

Evolved:

robthedog:
less time to ruin it !!

As soon as I attach dog clip & go near the hoses/connections

It’s ruined

:laughing:

But you can’t deny … it’s a nice jacket! Be warm

Anything I own that’s HH (non workwear) is top quality …

Yachting truck driver lol

I’m getting me Henry Lloyd & HH mixed up HH is more ski wear isn’t it

robthedog:
HH is more ski wear isn’t it

Ski, yachts, Norway and whatever else rich people do

Everything but trucking lol

Hi mate try screwfix prices quite good.try to get one with the fleece inside with winter coming in cheers Ray

stargazer148:
Hi mate try screwfix prices quite good.try to get one with the fleece inside with winter coming in cheers Ray

Ahh screwfix! Ofcourse

Cheers mate

I have this one , looks cool and sensible price…

misupplies.co.uk/clothing-c … ket-p54426

spike78:

Comes in orange too , nice

Cheers :grimacing:

Have a look on dickies website - when some items are on sale I have found really good discounts.

dickiesworkwear.com/uk

I have bought some pairs of Helly Hansen work trousers in hi vis and regular, they fit really nice as the sizes go by the inch - I can get 39" waist when trying to not admit to being 40 waist! It involved googling for a decent price mind and wouldn’t spend £50 on a pair.

njl:
and wouldn’t spend £50 on a pair.

I brought a pair of craghoppers hiking trousers in a charity shop recently - perfect size, very comfortable, smart and has extra pockets and zips

£4

Absolute bargain. It’s rare you find stuff like that

Never any hi vis stuff though…

For Hi Viz waterproof jacket have a look at the castle clothing fortress air flex hi viz 251 jacket £32.99 of ebay Item number 162030845019 . I use one myself and can’t fault it top quality waterproof jacket for the money You won’t be disappointed

I get some decent working gear in Aldi and/or Lidl. My yachting stuff is Musto I keep it separate as I wouldnt want any one taking the P.

trucker10:
For Hi Viz waterproof jacket have a look at the castle clothing fortress air flex hi viz 251 jacket £32.99 of ebay Item number 162030845019 . I use one myself and can’t fault it top quality waterproof jacket for the money You won’t be disappointed

This one?
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/imag … ae927e.jpg
Is it proper waterproof? Looks like it’s made of tarpaulin…

Think I’d prefer the bomber jacket

alamcculloch:
I get some decent working gear in Aldi and/or Lidl. My yachting stuff is Musto I keep it separate as I wouldnt want any one taking the P.

Good shout , i need some food so I’ll go check out local Lidl

Musto æ…

i.pinimg.com/originals/45/55/4f … f0afea.jpg
Only 700 quid! Bargain yachting I see :laughing:

spike78:

I have a Portwest jacket. Keeps you warm and properly waterproof…But you just look at dirt and it marks. Tried brake cleaner but wont take dirt off. Washing machine failed too.

They’re nice but don’t stay clean long compared to an older Arco jacket I had.

Evolved:

trucker10:

This one?
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/imag … ae927e.jpg
Is it proper waterproof? Looks like it’s made of tarpaulin…

Think I’d prefer the bomber jacket

alamcculloch:

Good shout , i need some food so I’ll go check out local Lidl

Musto æ…

i.pinimg.com/originals/45/55/4f … f0afea.jpg
Only 700 quid! Bargain yachting I see :laughing:

Yes that’s the one it’s a rubber material and yes it’s proper waterproof jacket don’t soak the water up like the bomber jacket type which I find crap I’ve been very happy with my one it’s much better than the bomber jacket types

trucker10:
Yes that’s the one it’s a rubber material and yes it’s proper waterproof jacket don’t soak the water up like the bomber jacket type which I find crap I’ve been very happy with my one it’s much better than the bomber jacket types

Hmmm

There needs to be a proper shop I can go and actually see all these different types

Spray fabric jacket with Scotchgard. Helps stop dirt taking a grip, and helps reproof after washing.

Check out Baca workwear on veltuff.com They are at Moulton Park Ind Northampton, very good stuff and not rip off prices.