Best Lines From A Song

Tina Turner (From Tommy - The Acid Queen), I’m the Gipsy, I’m the Acid Queen, take me before I fall. I’m the Gipsy, the Acid Queen, I’ll mend your breaking heart.

Bo Diddly: Their’s a house with a chimny, made out of human (I think) skull.

What’s is face Garfunkle, Baby Driver: I wanna know how your engines fee l.

Don’t know who this is by, but it’s a ■■■■ good line: Standing on a corner in Southern California, such a fine sight to see. It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford, slowing down to take a look at me.

Roadhouse Blues, The Doors

‘I woke up this morning and a got myself a beer.’

Don’t know who this is by, but it’s a ■■■■ good line: Standing on a corner in Southern California, such a fine sight to see. It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford, slowing down to take a look at me.

The Eagles but not sure of the song.

It’s Take it Easy by The Eagles, but in their version the corner they are standing on is in Winslow, Arizona, not Southern California. Still at least you were in the right country Lib. :wink: :smiley:

Wet Wet Wet the song Temptation, "when the big guns start a shootin’ with the bullets of deception ".

The reason?, i was on a train from Oban to Glasgow in my late teens, going homw to see my girlfriend listening to a personal stereo with this song playing and it stopped just near Faslane and if you look up in the hills you can see where the missile silo,s are, and it made me think about one day if they would actually be used.

That was in the 80,s when there was a bit of cold war going on.

Another, George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers from the song ’ I Dring Alone " Just me and my pal Johnny Walker,
and his brothers Black and Red ".

Oh and another Steve Earle.
From the song Rain on The Scarecrow.

"Hey calling it your job ol’ hoss sure don’t make it right
But if you want me to I’ll say a prayer for your soul tonight!.

You have to really listen to that one to understand it though, and yes its 2 lines but it has to be sorry :slight_smile:.

On a seasonal note, it has to be Kirsty McCall

You scumbag, you maggott, your one lousy ■■■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

That is an excellent song Wheel Nut.

Coffeeholic:
It’s Take it Easy by The Eagles, but in their version the corner they are standing on is in Winslow, Arizona, not Southern California. Still at least you were in the right country Lib. :wink: :smiley:

And it doesn’t work as well now, since Ford renamed their truck division Sterling…

My favorite lines:
Eagles - take it to the limit: So put me on the highway, and show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time.
Willie Nelson - On the road again : On the road again, going places that I’ve never been, seeing things that I may never see again, I can’t wait to get on the road again.
C.W.McCall - Convoy: Let them truckers roll 10-4!
Robert Plant - Big Log: My love is in league with the freeway, its’ passion will rise as the cities fly by, and the taillights desolve in the coming of night and the questions that arise stay quiet…My love is the miles and the waiting, the eyes that just stare, and the glance at the clock, and the secret that burns and the pain that goes dark, and it’s you once again, leading me on, leading me down the road, driving me on, driving me down the road. (ok, it’s a full verse, but I LOVE THIS SONG!) My love is exceeding the limit, red eyed and fevered with the hum of the miles… etc etc etc
Pat Greene and Willie Nelson - Threadbare Gypsy heart: I like to hear the highway sounds, I don’t think that I’ll ever settle down.
Johnny Dollar - 18 wheels singing: When I go you’ve got to promise me, when I’ve shifted gears for the last time, set me high up a hill so I can see, those big rigs rolling by blowing black smoke to the sky, let those wheels, yeah big wheels, darlin let them big wheels sing for me.
Dave Dudley - Keep on Trucking: You can’t fail if you keep trying, hang on friend, keep on trucking.
Dave Dudley - six days on the road: Six days on the road, and I’m gonna make it home tonight.

That will do for now :laughing:

"Just because your paranoid… doesn’t mean they’re not after you !!! "
Curt Kobain, Nirvana

These are my favourites ( lyrics not included )

1, Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
2, Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
3, Metallica - Turn The Page
4, Metallica - The Memory Remains
5, Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday’s Gone
6, Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Breeze
7, U.F.O. - Lights Out
8, Genesis - Ripples
9, Thin Lizzy - Whisky In The Jar
10, Thin Lizzy - Chinatown
11, E.L.O. - Mr. Blue Sky
12, E.L.O. - Livin’ Thing
13, Aerosmith - Dream On
14, Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home
15, Eagles - Hotel California
16, Motorhead - We are the Road Crew
17, Foo Fighters - All My Life
18, Saxon - 747
19,Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows
20, Iron Maiden - Wrathchild

That’s my top 20 songs boy’s and girls.

If you are into rock, put all these on a disc and enjoy :exclamation:

Cheers,

Niall.

allikat:

Coffeeholic:

And it doesn’t work as well now, since Ford renamed their truck division Sterling…

Last I knew Sterling was a DaimlerChrysler product… a division of freightliner… was there a buy-out or merger lately?

And I think Sterling only manufacture tractors, don’t they? The flatbed ford in the song was a pick-up truck, very common in the 70’s, and still popular with the country boys. My brother used to have one… ugly things, don’t see the point in a flatbed pick-up myself,… useless actually. Unless you’re trying to pick up one the eagles in Arizona, apparently lol. Still a classic song :laughing:

1, Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
2, Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

The 2 songs which I will have played at my funeral and then as the coffin disappears…Goodbye Cruel Word from The Wall.

Should be good for a laugh…shame I’ll miss it though. :laughing: :laughing:

i reckon “Fairytail of New York” sounds better in an Irish accent though :wink:

Kate Hasler:

allikat:

Coffeeholic:

Last I knew Sterling was a DaimlerChrysler product… a division of freightliner… was there a buy-out or merger lately?

And I think Sterling only manufacture tractors, don’t they? The flatbed ford in the song was a pick-up truck, very common in the 70’s, and still popular with the country boys. My brother used to have one… ugly things, don’t see the point in a flatbed pick-up myself,… useless actually. Unless you’re trying to pick up one the eagles in Arizona, apparently lol. Still a classic song :laughing:

Ford renamed their truck division Sterling, then Frightliner bought them out. And yes, they only do heavy trucks. And there was a flatbed chevy pickup in the shed at Minto I considered making an offer for…

Johnny Paycheck - ‘Take This Job and Shove It, I Aint Working Here No More!’ :sunglasses:

I don’t want to go to Dunoon.
Billy Connolly. The Humblebums first collection of merry melodies.

(Anyone know what happend to Tam Harvey ?.)

glen campbell witacha lineman (i know i need a small vacation)or any line from galvaston. :laughing:

Walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches…

…’ Peaches ’ By the Stranglers

I’ve always loved those deep and meaningful lyrics, especially as it reminds me of the summer of '77 down in Cornwall :sunglasses: :wink:

robbie williams
im not scared of dieing i just dont want to
jon