Best gloves??

I’d like people’s opinions/recomendations on what the best gloves for doing a lot of strapping and hand balling are.

toolstation.com/shop/p53594 these are what I use atm they’re really good they offer a lot of protection at first but after 4-5 months the stitching on the side of the fingers comes apart and you get holes in them.

I’m a fan of these blackrock fingerless ones off eBay. They’re about 6 quid.

Can’t find the link sorry.

Just search for blackrock work gloves

I use Skytec Argon from Arco. They’re thermal lined, wet and dry grip, and still allow good dexterity.

pricy but good , used when doing light stuff strapping etc

arco.co.uk/products/1255600/ … %27s+Glove

used these as normal work gloves, again pricy but due to the thermal lining I found they last longer and add more protection to your hands etc

arco.co.uk/products/1221000/ … gger+Glove

Bog standard super grippers. £1 a pair and they last a month, before they fall apart. I wash them with my work gear each week. Since they are cheap you don’t cry if you lose one or use one for something mucky.

It would break my heart if I snagged an expensive pair on a nail head etc. Sometimes in the winter I will go all out and spend £2 on a thermal pair of supers.

F-reds

jamiep1988:
I’d like people’s opinions/recomendations on what the best gloves for doing a lot of strapping and hand balling are.

toolstation.com/shop/p53594 these are what I use atm they’re really good they offer a lot of protection at first but after 4-5 months the stitching on the side of the fingers comes apart and you get holes in them.

4-5 months out a pair of gloves, stick with those ones! I do bulk, flats, curtains with all types of loads and never get 4 months out a pair, they either rot with the wetness, tear with the ropes, or get covered in that much crap they get chucked. :angry: :stuck_out_tongue:

I like B&Q Premium Leather Rigger Gloves, they’re not too expensive and I find them comfortable and reasonably hard wearing.

grumpybum:
I use Skytec Argon from Arco. They’re thermal lined, wet and dry grip, and still allow good dexterity.

Dexterity, I wondered where you got that word from, now I know :laughing:

selby newcomer:

grumpybum:

Dexterity, I wondered where you got that word from, now I know :laughing:

I’ll have you know that that is my very own word! Arco were very grateful when I suggested they use it :laughing:

I’ve found that tegera classic by ejendals last me about 6m providing I don’t lose them, plenty of feel and comfy in most conditions.

Engelbert Strauss do a very good range, they last me a few months each pair.

Just splashed out on a couple of pairs of these

89 pence a pair :grimacing: I thought I would give them a try and I’m getting towards the end of week 4 and the rubber is coming off so will be binned tomorrow, I’m a sod for leaving them about so for that price thats not a real concern, plus if I do leave them I can be sure they’ll still be there when I go back to look :grimacing:

nick2008:
pricy but good , used when doing light stuff strapping etc

arco.co.uk/products/1255600/ … %27s+Glove

used these as normal work gloves, again pricy but due to the thermal lining I found they last longer and add more protection to your hands etc

arco.co.uk/products/1221000/ … gger+Glove

I currently use the lined glove in the 1st link but it’s no good in the wet or when it gets really cold, they wear out quickly on some of the the finger tips but generally good for light stuff. I’d like to try the insulated rigger in the 2nd link, bit pricey though…:open_mouth:

These are the ones, nitrile as well which covers some ADR stuff

clarkforest.com/shop/safety- … rip-gloves

Stihl leather work gloves, large, £10 from Amazon. My fave, don’t like getting too wet though for which I have a cheap pair of the red rubber gloves with ski liners, perfect.

If any suppliers are reading this thread,

left and right hand gloves should be different colours
left and right hand gloves should be sold seperately

I have all the PPE supplied by the company at no cost to me. We get leather gloves for manual handling and vinyl for dirty, (fuelling/ coupling) tasks.

Leather gloves are the same as those in Nick2008 top link and my vinyl gloves are a gauntlet which I cut down to about 3" above the wrist so that I can slide them on and off without gripping the cuff as I understand diesel can be carcinogenic with prolonged contact with the skin.

The cheapest ones I can find, because every few weeks I invariably leave them somewhere

i have a nice pair of dickies goat skin gloves. last me 6 months.
very nice to work with,
and got a nice pair of German winter work gloves out of lidl.
kept label as wifes boss has family in hamburg. and said she will get me another pair
on her next visit. very comfey. and warm.

the ppe we get are useless. only last me a week on average!
boss lets me get my own. and pays :laughing:

I use these, keep two pairs on the go, one pair sit by the heater while the others are being used :wink:
ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-Drive … 460a427311