Best Fuel Card on the Market for UK?

all those who have posted that their next weeks fuel price is around 88ppl, are you running more than one vehicle, or using more than 1000ltrs a week? the reason i ask is that i’ve not been offered a better price than 92ppl since before christmas, and have been using credit card most of the time to keep costs down.

I run one eight wheeler,approx 800-900L per week
I havn’t used fuel cards for a while either,im on the same card as Dozer, citi (Shell credit card)

434mike:
all those who have posted that their next weeks fuel price is around 88ppl, are you running more than one vehicle, or using more than 1000ltrs a week? .

no and no :wink:

one vehicle and used 700 litres last week

Welshman, who provides your BP Bunker card at that price?

Operate one truck. 700-800 litres a week I supose.

I’ve got three fuel cards now :blush: :blush: ,its 89p on a Key Fuels one that I get through the quarry (fixed for 1month) .

The other two are weekly priced - this week 88.46p on Red Fuels and 87.84p from Croft Fuels in Liverpool.

My Croft fuels price for this week is 91.41 :open_mouth:

Silver Surfer wrote-- Welshman, who provides your BP Bunker card at that price? Ihave an account with Fuel Network Ltd Telephone 01132390170 hope that helps

Denis F:

434mike:
all those who have posted that their next weeks fuel price is around 88ppl, are you running more than one vehicle, or using more than 1000ltrs a week? .

Thanks for that “Denis F”, will have to have a Quiet word with Red Fuels.!

434mike:

Denis F:

434mike:

get more fuel cards - if you don’t use one for a couple of weeks they will ring you to ask why :wink: just tell them your other cards are cheaper - they’ll soon manage to find a better rate! after a year or so they get the idea and keep you on the better rates :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have ReD (bunker & BP) , FCE, RHA, Smartdiesel (almost same company as FCE) and an Allstar for when I spot a good price at the pumps, which I’ve done twice in the last couple of months - both at shell garages!

Cheers Welshman.

What do you have to do to qualify for a fuel card? Is it legitimate businesses only or can Joe Public get one? 88p+VAT is 103.4p including and I’ve not seen any at the pump cheaper than about 107p round here of late (it was 109.9 where I filled up yesterday) so I’m wondering if I could get one for the car!

Paul

repton:
What do you have to do to qualify for a fuel card? Is it legitimate businesses only or can Joe Public get one? 88p+VAT is 103.4p including and I’ve not seen any at the pump cheaper than about 107p round here of late (it was 109.9 where I filled up yesterday) so I’m wondering if I could get one for the car!

Paul

Thought you were trading as self-employed/ltd. if so it should not be much of a problem.
At the end of the day just phone and ask, worst they can do is say no.

They usually want to know how long youve been trading if a sole trader/or Ltd
They also ask how many litres you use a week,and for you to supply two or three different references from independant companys.
E.G. one or two contractors that you have accounts with.
Beware of some fuel card dealers though,they expect you to put a payment down (deposit) of in between £1000-£2000 before you can pull any fuel off there cards.
Hope this helps!

little Elf:
Beware of some fuel card dealers though,they expect you to put a payment down (deposit) of in between £1000-£2000 before you can pull any fuel off there cards.
!

the only one I’ve heard of wanting a deposit was BP :imp: my advice in that situation is don’t - find another card provider !

as Little Elf said, they’ll want accounts and/or references , and the litres you want to use per week will affect the price, you’re not going to get the best price with 50-100 litres a week :cry:

Denis F:

434mike:

Denis F:

434mike:

get more fuel cards - if you don’t use one for a couple of weeks they will ring you to ask why :wink: just tell them your other cards are cheaper - they’ll soon manage to find a better rate! after a year or so they get the idea and keep you on the better rates :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have ReD (bunker & BP) , FCE, RHA, Smartdiesel (almost same company as FCE) and an Allstar for when I spot a good price at the pumps, which I’ve done twice in the last couple of months - both at shell garages!

Bloody routemate don’t! They’ve been higher every week bar one, for months, my Croft Fuels is 89.99 this week, so it’s been between that and the credit cards. I try to use less than 1000 litres a week, I really try to use less than 1000 a month :laughing:

Quick tip: when they ring and ask why your not using their card, tell em’ that other cards are cheaper but remember to lop a bit off the price you’re actually paying on the other card. I got my Red price down to 87.0 for this week after they rang me pestering! :sunglasses:

If its Europe the best ones at the min is IDS or AS24, thats what Im using and shell for the road tax and tolls.Just depends where the drivers are. Lux!! Go to Lux lol
We get no fuel in england at all, and our local boys are using Morgans and IDS in Eire

I find it best to have a few options, I text the drivers on a Monday morning with the cheapest card to use ( They all have 3 cards). Cheapest this week is 88.27p