Best drivers waiting lounge/room

Used lounge as if they called them this might make them improve them lol.

Everyone alway comments on crappy RDC’s drivers holding cells, etc, however never hear of the good ones, expect most would say there aren’t any.

I maybe had a run recently but all seemed to be ones with outside toilet portacabins, with optional floating logs, ones with drink machines and never any availble drinks, or just gloomy ones, with lighting to make you want to be miserable.

HOWEVER… wondered if any have come across any decent ones,

Iport doncaster dropped at amazon, and apart from the walk, free hot drinks, multiple microwaves, large screen TV and free WiFi, better than had had all week. made me think was a step in right direction, although still looking for one like in movie ‘Dusk till dawn’ with a few snake dancers … minus the vampires…

but whats the best drivers waiting room you’ve found so far ?

Amazon Unit 1 I think it’s called, in Avonmouth last December, going in there for Royal Mail to do trailer swaps. Sometimes had to wait half an hour but they give you the option of sitting in your cab or using the lounge. They were giving every driver a portable, solar rechargeable battery as a gift. Free proper coffee machine, big telly, friendly helpful people working there. An excessive amount of toilets, like twenty or something, all immaculately clean.

The booking in and health and safety regime they’ve got there though, that was horrendous.

I’m not keen…

On giving away good places but, I’ve had a pleasant afternoon in a quirky pub.

Company Shop, Tankersley J36 M1. You can choose to sit in the waiting area of the security hut or walk over to the canteen. Everything freshly cooked, good prices, nice comfy sofa to chill out on and it’s usually nice and quiet. When you’re tipped, they’ll ring for you on the phone. Back to security, pick up yer notes and off into the madness again.

Two places stand out over the years, not driver’s rooms as such but site restaurants which visiting drivers were welcome to use.

Ovaltine at Kings Langley and the now no doubt deserted Mitsubishi head office at Cirencester.
Very plush, food excellent.

Juddian:
Two places stand out over the years, not driver’s rooms as such but site restaurants which visiting drivers were welcome to use.

Ovaltine at Kings Langley and the now no doubt deserted Mitsubishi head office at Cirencester.
Very plush, food excellent.

You are correct, Mitsubishi are no longer there, its now a buisness park!!

I remember going to a Farmfoods, somewhere near Warrington, cant remember exactly where, and the waiting room had free hot drinks, and a fridge full of ready meals and food you could help yourself too! Was pretty amazing compared to most of the other cages we get stuck in!

I’ve not been made to get out of the cab for a long time, but I remember the much maligned Tosco waiting rooms, and the ,deserved, scorn they got. However, on the flipside, I know that Tesco will let you use their canteen, which I found on average to be quite acceptable for a break and a meal (if catching the kitchen at serving time). Just tell goods in that you’re off to the canteen. The security guard at the entrance has a spare card to use in the machines/till.

Just don’t be a ■■■■, and return the card when you leave…

The best driver’s lounge I ever visited was the one at Maritime’s head office at Felixstowe.

A very long time age, I found the BEA canteen af Heathrow. :smiley:

Costco Crick.

Hot food at cheap prices Monday to Friday, Don’t have to hand your keys in, They give you a little device which vibrates when your done so you don’t even have to stay in your cab if you fancy a walk around etc.

I am also impressed by a lot of the new modern RDC’s that take drivers into consideration. The new LIDL at Peterborough and Belvedere are massive improvements of old. Plenty of parking with massive bays unlike the old Belvedere that was like Baghdad at the best of times. Also clean showers and toilets.

The 2 hour walk. Get OS maps on your phone and go for a walk (or cycle ride)