Best and worst UK truckstops

Best: Not in order are The Hollies.Great food.Good value.Big portions.Lots of choice.
Pjm at Coventry;Out of the way,quiet,home cooked meals,clean shoeers.
J26Waltham Abbey.Shame no tamac or concrete to park on.
Tebay J38.Homemade meals.
Worst: Portsmouth,dump.No money spent to update it.

Was in shepshed earlier, toilets were clean and smelling fresh, food was ok but could have been hotter (i had cottage pie chips n peas) least it was better than the last visit i made a few years ago

Red Moss, Lockerbie,Newtonmore Grill,The Cedars at Grantshouse have always been good imho as have Smokey Joe’s, The New Hollies, Faygate and Wrotham. Good evening meal and free parking at The Exeter Arms,Clyst Honito. Still a few about if you’re prepared to get off the motorway and have a look.

Shepshed is a good one.Food is spot on.I have had sweet and sour chicken breasts.Bar is good.Town about 20 min walk.About five pubs and some takeaways.
Folkestone old hoverport.Close to town.Nightclubs and Oriental buffet up the high street.All you can eat.
Avonmouth Avon Lodge.Clean showers.Food very good.Breakfast is good value.
Lincoln Farm Cafe.Gets 200 trucks a night.
Red Lion near Northampton.

Exelby services jct 40 m6 yummy yummy…

Best: PJ’s at Sudbury, Jacks Hill, The Cabin.

Worst: Newark

Newark i found ok.Big beef stew.Town is five mins walk.Everything there.Live music.Social life.

Best; J38 at Tebay
Worst; Swindon Truckstop.

Tebay and Carnforth are good
PJ’s ok but prefer The Saltbox. The Midway at Prees Heath is very good too. Dougs Diner at Penrith… list goes on… one of my fave breakfast spots is Morgan’s on the A38 between Tiverton and Wellington or Colsterworth is pretty decent too. Nunney Catch is also very good.