Best and worst MSA showers

Where are the best and worst MSA showers? I think the best are at Fleet (both directions) on the M3 and Heston M4 (eastbound) were the worst (known as the ‘swamp’).

M4 Heston londonbound “swamp” is by far the worst … from personal experience…and nobody cares

Can the moderator step in at this point and advise as to whether pics of good and bad showers can be posted here? I spoke to Roadchef and MOTO on the subject and the general view was that at head office they don’t know where the offending showers are. Both providers wish to build new showers but they are aware of how easily the shower can be broken if its not upto the job. And lets do away with manky hanging crusty shower curtains that never get washed. Ideas please.

Quote “I spoke to Roadchef and MOTO on the subject and the general view was that at head office they don’t know where the offending showers are . Both providers wish to build new showers but they are aware of how easily the shower can be broken if its not up to the job. And lets do away with manky hanging crusty shower curtains that never get washed. Ideas please”.
[/quote]

Well it’s quite simple really. Get off their fat backsides at Head Office and VISIT the chuffing places. Then ask themselves a simple question .
“Would I honestly be happy to accept that standard of facilities”.
It seems more like a case of trying to charge as much as is possible for parking & food without investing a very small amount on clean & decent facilties.
But then again why should they “it’s only for a few lorry drivers”
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’ve got it in one, although what I would say is that MSA’s head office receive only a few official complaints from drivers about the state of the showers. I can think of a couple of MSA’s that are in no rush to fix broken showers because it means less work to do. In the mean time drivers do the rancid hi-viz pong on down the motorway…

I can’t believe these big MSA companies don’t have people who visit their properties (MSA’s) to check on the “customer experience” i.e Shop, cafe, resturants etc.■■?
Do they give the toilets & showers a swerve then??

Bet they’re red hot on making sure the tills are taking plenty though :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and I bet they get heavy with any manager/shop assistant that fails to reach targets for selling over priced sarnies & coffee :laughing: :laughing:

Or am I just being a cynical old git■■? :smiley: :smiley:

I would say that the ‘drivers shower problem’ is well known. But I say again, the MSA head office, not the locations, receive very few complaints from drivers about the state of the showers.

Warwick as they dont have ant female showers so I had to use the male which were a disgrace dirty broken tiles only 1 very dull light shower broken

Clacket Lane arnt bad clean hot nice big room with wash basin with hot and cold water non slip mats on the floor

Ferry bridge just been refurbished but always were clean even though you have to ask for the key not a problem

Cambridge not to bad

Peterbourgh no hot water small room

The worst for me is where you have to hand your keys passport driving licence in why :question: :question: as they wont let me have there house keys etc

I could possibly list a few more when I think of them :unamused:

An interesting post. I must admit to using the female showers at one MSA when I took my young son with me because the male showers were so disgusting. I find that Clackett Lane anti-clockwise are horrid. One question, I often have to hand my keys in etc but no-one checks the state of the showers afterwards. Why not? The only place they do check is at Norton Cains on the M6 Toll. Tip: Showers at Bristol Gordino MSA have consistantly been clean and well looked after-and they’re left open. If they are dirty by any chance you can get a key to the reserve shower which is kept clean.

Could it be lack of competition? Whaddya fink? :confused:

I had the misfortune to have a shower at Nothampton on the north side(M1) last week.

I initially made a complaint to the manageress who said ‘Oh they haven’t been cleaned yet today’ WHAT at 13:00hrs. I did say that they had not been cleaned this week, but not properly for a very long time.

I did also ring Paula at Roadchef (complaints dept) and made a complaint to her, this was like talking to yourself, all very careing and apologetic but I knew NOTHING would be done.

I did suggest to her that maybe you could charge drivers a couple of pounds , then supply a clean towel and ensure the showers were cleaned after every person used them…But this was falling on deaf ears.

I asked if she could make the MSA,s like the ones in Europe…this was met with Oh i’ve never been to europe…These muppets who run our MSA’s do not have a flippen clue.

We need to name and shame these places.

Deepinvet:
I did suggest to her that maybe you could charge drivers a couple of pounds , then supply a clean towel and ensure the showers were cleaned after every person used them…But this was falling on deaf ears.

They can’t charge. Its part of their agreement in operating the MSA that they provide free toilet, washing,shower and shaving facilities. If they could charge, there would be £2 coin slots on the bog doors. You don’t think they charge for air and water for your motor at 20p a throw and forgot to charge for bogs and showers do you?

best showers in my opion are moto at exeter, always clean and they are like a powershower give you a good blast :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

worst got to be clacket lane anti clock always cold the button dont stay in ect
my misses used the female ones last week and was nearly burnt as they where that hot, when she complained the duty manager said they had been told! but hadn’t put any waring signs up!!! dangerous in think

london gateway left abit to be desired, last time i was there. settled for wet wipes that night.

best, (although not msa) is orwell imho.

i know you pay, but its worth every penny in my mind, they are spot on. minor gripe, hand basin, could be a tad bigger.

David H:
Can the moderator step in at this point and advise as to whether pics of good and bad showers can be posted here?.

i cant see a problem with posting pic’s of showers as long as you have some sort of evidence that proves thats the shower from that services.

Ok, I’ll take my camera out. Is it lack of competition? I think it has more to do with the priorities of individual Site Managers. Maintanance is also an issue. I stepped into one shiny clean shower, pressed the button and to my dissapointment a single thin jet of water shot at a right angle over my head and hit the door. The shower head was clogged and required a special allen key to take it off and clean it…

David H:
Ok, I’ll take my camera out. Is it lack of competition? I think it has more to do with the priorities of individual Site Managers. Maintanance is also an issue. I stepped into one shiny clean shower, pressed the button and to my dissapointment a single thin jet of water shot at a right angle over my head and hit the door. The shower head was clogged and required a special allen key to take it off and clean it…

that didnt happen to be fleet north bound was it?? oh and the door lock doesn’t work either much to the suprise of 2 drivers how walked in on my misses 2 weeks ago :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Winchester services pretty good on the M3 and also Fleet services has as already been said

These were taken at Leigh Delamere services, not very clean as you can see. :frowning:

I think the worst i went in,mind you been ret over7yrs were at thurrock.Called in one night and went for a shower before parking up on the ind. est. and was confronted by 3 turks doing their laundry in there.The showers were black,i wouldant have put my dog in them.Things can only have got better since.