Best agency m/cr?

hey,

Does anyone know the best agency to go with for class 1 day work in Manchester?

I been looking a lot recently and am struggling to be honest, agency is my last resort but needs must, I’ve had an acceptance email from stobarts but it can take 4-5 weeks to get an interview/assessment and I’m not even sure I want to travel to appleton everyday (i’m in Oldham), I passed class 1 in January and only have a few weeks driving them covering holidays at my previous job.

Just looking for general day work like supermarkets or multidrop type stuff, anything other than tramping really

any suggestions on agencies who actually have work and not just sign you up never to hear from again?

thanks
Andy

Try TRG in warrington, they do a fair bit for stobbies at appleton but also a few T Park companies. They are currently looking for drivers in Wigan at £12 per hour-

Darren Bell Recruitment in Eccles
They will have work in your area

bigdave789:

+1 for DBR (Darren Bell). I worked for him years ago along with Pertemps. There a few more.

Contact Industrial - Trafford Park.
Top Gear Recruitment - Cheetham Hill Rd
Driver Hire
Best Connections.

Tony Saprano:

bigdave789:

+1 for DBR (Darren Bell). I worked for him years ago along with Pertemps. There a few more.

Contact Industrial - Trafford Park.
Top Gear Recruitment - Cheetham Hill Rd
Driver Hire
Best Connections.

as above and Polaris Trafford park Adam/ or anita :grimacing: contract options Manchester Oldham road iirc :laughing: Richard King Trafford park :sunglasses: Google is your friend! :smiley:

I know about my good friend Google, I have a list a mile long with agency name and numbers and office addresses for them.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience working for one of the many agencies and which is considered better than others.

I think I’ll give Darren bell a call tomorrow

Cheers

did four years of 7.5t work for driver hire oldham
always busy apart from the usual slack times for Agency tho would be loaned out to other branches at these times

was looked after quite well they paid for ADR CPC class two training and test + if i had passed moffet & hiab were in the pipeline eventualy helped me find a full time position

my nephew also worked for them after leaving firstbus discounted class2 adr moffet and hiab test through them he did a lot of work out of bidvest at salmon fields which may suit you ?

discounted ppe & work wear available

office staff would generaly back you up if problems encountered with awkward hirers

cant comment on other agencys good luck what ever you do

As I said I’ve worked for DBR and he was tip top. Always paid on time and always had work. Likewise I worked for Pertemps. The job I have now was secured as a result of working for Pertemps. Contact Industrial is the agency that our lot use currently and by all accounts are pretty good.

Hope that’s a better endorsement than your google search.

Tony.

Thanks for the replies, I think I’ll see what DBR has to offer then possibly onto pertemps, they seem to be worth a shot

I worked for Polaris in Trafford Park and would highly recommend giving Anita or Caroline a call. Not sure about class 1 work they cover as I’ve always done class 2. Never out of work and paid on time every week. Would have stayed on but got offered permanent at a place that I’ve been trying for a while. Best of luck to you.

Bliksem:
I worked for Polaris in Trafford Park and would highly recommend giving Anita or Caroline a call. Not sure about class 1 work they cover as I’ve always done class 2. Never out of work and paid on time every week. Would have stayed on but got offered permanent at a place that I’ve been trying for a while. Best of luck to you.

Thanks I’ll take a look

Can say good things about DBR to, altho I only worked with them a sort time, Laura the girl that I spoke with more then often was really nice. Paid on time, always chatty and the rest of the ■■■■, always had work too.

If your having trouble with agency’s I would stay clear of anything to do with Proactive Personal, did a weeks work for them, took almost 6 weeks to get paid.

Premtemps, can’t say much about them tbh, went in for chat/interview never heard back from them.

Driver Hire, are they still going? the firm on oldham road? did 2 weeks with them needed the day off, “we’re getting calls for work we can’t cover, you said you’d be available” that old chest nut.

Contact Industrial, applied for the bin man job with them about 12 months ago, went in to chat with them, polish everwhere, this polish guy that interviewed me for the job said, “are you just looking for the bin job”, erm yea. “the client has just lost 6 trucks, and wont be getting new ones” or some ■■■■, to me this is a firm that likes to say to clients with have XyZ amount of drivers to their agents. Never heard from them again.

Polaris, Offices are a ■■■■■■■ double stacked cabins, in a wasteland in TP, went for chat/interview, missed a call from them returned the call, " sorry we called the wrong number" never heard from them again, but note they do a lot of air frieght work out of MAN with the big firms, DANATA and Swissport.

Another firm to look into with Air Freight is First Choice Staff in Sale, Rhonda is a ■■■■■■■ nutter. But can/and will go out of her way to get you work, only 4 staff in that office.

Career Makers, across the road from Prematemps, never applied with them found my CV online, rang me up one morning asking if I could cover a shift, sure, next thing I know they keep throwing work at me, without evening seeing my Driving Licence. Never even been into their office.

But if you don’t mind travelling to the Airport to work, you could always just hand in your CV to the firms on the Cargo Center and local industrial states, Roundtorn and Sharston.

Cheers tommy, that’s a fair bit of info in that post, appreciate it m8