Best agencies in th North West

I passed my Class 1 in August this year and completed all my Intial CPC the start of November, not signed to any agencies yet but can anyone recommend any in the North West who may be willing to take on a new driver? I’ve been yard shunting for over 2 years so I’ve got experience in reversing and manoeuvring just need to get on the road now!

Kevwall:
I passed my Class 1 in August this year and completed all my Intial CPC the start of November, not signed to any agencies yet but can anyone recommend any in the North West who may be willing to take on a new driver? I’ve been yard shunting for over 2 years so I’ve got experience in reversing and manoeuvring just need to get on the road now!

DBR took me on mate and the work came thick and fast. I passed class 2 in August and class one in oct and not been out of work since with them (got a full time job now so not working for them at min) but the texts come everyday with shifts. I had to do class 2 and 7.5t for a week or so but once there desperate for a CE driver you’ll get a shift and they’ll keep using u. Good luck pal and don’t listen to all the doom bringers on here that says there’s no work, if u go out and look for it and don’t expect it to find you there’s plenty out there!!

Cheers mate ill have a little search for them see if I can get registered, registered with one on Thursday called interactive who do Royal Mail but not holding my breath with them

Speak to John there he’ll get u in and registered. They do for bidvest, dhl and fine lady to name a couple. The work was steady there. Also staff uk at Bolton rang me a lot with offers but I was usually busy with dbr to accept any work but there worth a call at least.

I have been signed with a couple round Lancaster and the one that has not given me any work have now got me on an artic tomorrow out of Heysham. On Tuesday I’m to sign with another and have an assessment drive in the afternoon with a view to starting with Sainsbury’s on the Wednesday doing nights. Just keep the faith chap.

mcc46:
I have been signed with a couple round Lancaster and the one that has not given me any work have now got me on an artic tomorrow out of Heysham. On Tuesday I’m to sign with another and have an assessment drive in the afternoon with a view to starting with Sainsbury’s on the Wednesday doing nights. Just keep the faith chap.

Cheers mate, I know I’ll get there in the end things just don’t happen over night, I’m at DHL at the moment and once the assessor there has finished a course he’s on (sometime in January) there gonna get me assessed and out on the road for the odd shift whilst I’m still in the warehouse, and hopefully after a while a full time job comes up, brand new Volvos, 4 on 4 off, it’s with SCA hygiene so it’s a clean job and the runs aren’t bad either , Didcot,Chepstow,Prudhoe.

I got a start 18 months ago with labour 24/7 in Whitefield, Manchester. They gave me quite a bit of work over that time and I always got paid so i am happy to recommend them Phone is 0161 766 4420.

LandyLad

Good to hear you newbies are getting off the ground, if I can offer a word of advice.

Once you get in with an agency or company for that matter, stay put and get two years under your belt no matter what the work is, it’ll soon pass. After that your on the road to a brighter future as a trucker. You’ll never be short of a days work.

Good luck