Best 24v Fridge (and other tramping gear)?

I’m starting a temp-to-perm job next week, which involves collecting hazardous waste (oily rags, old hydraulic hoses, batteries, etc) from around the country, which means being away from home 2-4 nights on some weeks. It’s likely that the company will provide me with a regular truck, which I might then kit out gradually as time goes.

Do any of you guys and gals know what is the best fridge around at the moment? And also other recommended tramping gear?

Cheers. :smiley:

Garbo2018:
I’m starting a temp-to-perm job next week, which involves collecting hazardous waste (oily rags, old hydraulic hoses, batteries, etc) from around the country, which means being away from home 2-4 nights on some weeks. It’s likely that the company will provide me with a regular truck, which I might then kit out gradually as time goes.

Do any of you guys and gals know what is the best fridge around at the moment? And also other recommended tramping gear?

Cheers. :smiley:

Dometic Tcx21.Good,work very quit,no problem eith battery if running 24 hours.I was used 6 month.I want sale my .If you in interes that pm.

Get a camping cooker thing in a case and a whistle.kettle.
Can usually buy them from asda b m.etc although maybe this time of year might have go a.campimg an.go outdoors etc

Second for a whistle kettle and gas camping stove.

My kettle cost me £6 and the stove with four canisters of gas cost £15. That was back in August and I’m still on the first canister. They also cool really quickly so can be used and out away easily within even a 15min break!

I’ve got some pans, plate etc so I can cook fresh as I prefer that to microwave stuff. Having a built in fridge makes it easier though.

For me though I’d say that if any firm expects someone to kip in the cab the very least thing supplied should be a fridge. I couldn’t be without mine and thankfully it means I’ve no cool box to cart around.

edd1974:
Can usually buy them from asda b m.etc although maybe this time of year might have go a.campimg an.go outdoors etc

Home bargains have them + the gas canisters

There was a recent thread about coolboxes

peirre:

edd1974:

Home bargains have them + the gas canisters

There was a recent thread about coolboxes

Yes, very helpful too! Must say I’m very happy with the Halfords one I ended up getting (well, Mrs did!)
It’s been a massive help and is very quiet. Thread was only a few weeks ago.

:slight_smile:
Click on ‘Board index’
Click on the ‘Frequently asked questions’ forum
Scroll down a bit
Click on the ‘NIGHTS OUT - What do I take ?’ thread…

:wink: