Berlin - Parking Info needed

Hi all

I’m a newbie here and came across the site when searching google for Berlin parking info. What a great site!!!

Anyway, i’m off to Berlin in February as part of a team going to an exhibition that is taking place in the Martin Gropius Bau in Niederkirchnerstr and a copule of venues around the Alte Potsdamer Str and Neue Potsdamer Str.

There will be a 2 day set up for the exhibition and 1 or 2 days breaking down. My question is this; we will be in a 17tonne box and will be using the truck as a storage area during the 10 day exhibition. During this time we may need to access the stored material to replenish brochures etc for our customers. So then, any ideas where we can park the truck for 10 days and not get any hassle from anybody, and would prefer somewhere free!!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
G-Man :smiley:

First of all welcome to TruckNet. :smiley: :smiley:

Assuming you are heading for Berlin from the Hannover direction you will be on the A2 which in turn becomes the A10 and from this you want to take the A115. At the top of this road, before it joins the Stadring (A100 I think) there is a service station with plenty of free parking. Part of he A115 used to be a race track and the service area is situated in what was the NordKurve. I have parked a truck there for 3 -4 days before now with no problems at all. In fact as this parking area is situated right next to the Messe (main exhibition centre in Berlin) it is common to see trucks parked for several days doing exactly what you propose, using the vehicle as storage and collecting stuff from it on a daily basis… The food and showers in the service area are also good and there is a U-bahn station nearby, making it easy to get into town for an evenings entertainment.

Incidentally i think I can recommend the Irish pub in the Europa Centre in town for a good night out, good beer, good food and live music. I say ‘think’ because my recollection of a couple of evenings spent there is hazy to say the least, Guinness sure does affect the old memory, or is that just me? :wink: :smiley:

Sorry it took so long to come up with an answer to your enquiry, 16 minutes is a little slower than our normal service. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Coffeholic

Thanks for the reply…is the parking area your talking about within a short distance of the Martin Gropius Bau and Potsdamer Str area?

If not i’ll need something a little nearer, as far as I can tell the venue isn’t actually anywhere near the main exhibition centre.

Here’s a link to a map for last years exhibition and altho it’s slightly different for 2006 the general vicinity is the same.

berlinale.de/en/service/lageplan/index.html

Thanks
G-Man

It is around 8 Km away from the area of your exhibition sites. The problem is you are working in central Berlin and parking will be scarce to say the least. Your only option would be on street parking, if you can find any, and leaving a vehicle for ten days could be a problem.

have you spoken to the people who are running the exibition as normaly you find that parking at the venue is supplied as you will not be the only participent who wishes his vehicle on site,

what ever you do ensure that the vehicle is in a secure area as Berlin is one
of those places where it is easy to dispose of stolen vehicles and the polish border is not that far away,

The best parking is at the Hotel (racetrack) literally 2 minutes walk from the U Bahn where you can go anywhere in Berlin for little money.

Berlin is probably one of the best places in the world to be stuck at an exhibition :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
The best parking is at the Hotel (racetrack) literally 2 minutes walk from the U Bahn where you can go anywhere in Berlin for little money.

I guess that is the same place I recommended as well Malc, must be the place to stop. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

I guess that is the same place I recommended as well Malc, must be the place to stop. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry Neil, didnt realise that you had posted that :blush: I still think Berlin is the best city in the world to be weekended :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Sorry Neil, didnt realise that you had posted that :blush: I still think Berlin is the best city in the world to be weekended :smiley:

Especially if you can get up to the Ku’dam, for Saturday night :wink: :wink: :unamused:

G-Man:
Hi all

I’m a newbie here and came across the site when searching google for Berlin parking info. What a great site!!!

Anyway, i’m off to Berlin in February as part of a team going to an exhibition that is taking place in the Martin Gropius Bau in Niederkirchnerstr and a copule of venues around the Alte Potsdamer Str and Neue Potsdamer Str.

There will be a 2 day set up for the exhibition and 1 or 2 days breaking down. My question is this; we will be in a 17tonne box and will be using the truck as a storage area during the 10 day exhibition. During this time we may need to access the stored material to replenish brochures etc for our customers. So then, any ideas where we can park the truck for 10 days and not get any hassle from anybody, and would prefer somewhere free!!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
G-Man :smiley:

HERE is where I park when in Berlin…only 3.2 k from Potsdamer Platz …It is on Inverlidenstrasse 10557 Berlin next to Heiderstrasse. it is a goods yard with public access, the Police pointed me at it a number of years ago, and I have used it ever since.