Berlin or Bust

An account of this week’s adventures, including a little trip down memory lane, can be viewed at The Insider.

another good read, buddy.
it makes me feel a bit bad. i lived and drove in germany for three years, and i never took any photos what so ever. :frowning:

Another excellent read Coffeeholic :smiley:

Is this a screen shot from auto route Coffeeholic :question:

It is convoy.

A real good read as usual Coffee, and the man’s a Floyd fan :smiley: , this just gets better. :wink:

yet again another brillant post ,one question i do have coffeholic, why did you not go up to HENGLO-NORDHORN as you would have payed less MAUT in germany, and it is all good roads now .

NOW a tip just incase you have not seen them yet ,in DORTMUND just after the TEXACO garage on the B1 by the traffic lights they now have placed SPEED-RED/ LIGHTS --CAMERAS on both sides of the road,

brit pete:
yet again another brillant post ,one question i do have coffeholic, why did you not go up to HENGLO-NORDHORN as you would have payed less MAUT in germany, and it is all good roads now .

It’s longer that way in terms of both distance and time, and time was an issue. I would have parked up later on the Sunday which means I would have started later on the Monday and I wanted to have as much time as possible to get both deliveries done on Monday. The MAUT goes on the invoice so I get what it has cost me back anyway.

another good read Coffeeholic. Having been in the ‘Too much information’ situation one too many times, I can only sympathise, not before laughing though :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

One point on the Monday driving time though. One thing I have noticed about the Hour Guard Time and the Actual Tacho Recorded Driving time. If you stop at lights, junctions etc, and like me, leave the Hour Guard on Drive. By the end of the day you usually have 2 or 3 minutes to play with extra, of course without running a chart through a reader it would be impossible to judge exactly how much, but could that explain why Mr BAG didn’t flag it up??

He did run it through a reader, all their vans have them. Don’t forget those times at lights and junctions etc still count as driving time, the wheels don’t have to be turning for it to be driving.

yeah, I agree with that.

But what I mean is that your Tacho only Records Driving Time on the Chart when your wheels are moving, when you stop after 2 or 3 seconds the Tacho reverts the Mode back to the mode it was on before your started driving, so the 2 minutes here and 1 minute there soon add up. I’ve only noticed this recently since I had to start changing the mode for breaks etc.

Excellent read

Good read as always, Neil.

Very good, Interesting trip journey heading almost to east european but only berlin :smiley:

Cheers
Ben

Any clue when is your next trip - exotic trip ?

Betz:
Any clue when is your next trip - exotic trip ?

No idea yet Ben.

:smiley: “IBS” man was my favourite bit. :laughing:
Yes, lucky you for not going with the brown sauce!
I had the misfortune of eating weetabix at the time of reading it. :frowning:
Turning my bix into… :open_mouth:
I don’t need to tell you. :cry:
You’ve already been there. :cry:

jacqueline:
I don’t need to tell you. :cry:
You’ve already been there. :cry:

Yes, and thanks by the way for bringing the horror rushing back. :wink: :smiley:

As usual Neil, an entertaining and very informative read. Thanks for posting it.

Paul.