Berlin Bound.

How do fellas,

Off to Berlin in a couple of days and it’s been a while since I’ve been over so I was just wondering if any of you can give me a heads up on any major road works, hold ups etc. Was planning on stopping at Asten then entering Venlo.
Any info would be great.
Thanks

You’ll get roadworks and delays all over. That’s Germany for you. :confused:

when u off I’m goin that way too… nobis at asten is always a good stop. truck wash great food and easy walk into town

I’m loading it tomorrow fella so just waiting on office to get back to me, that’s the thing with this tour lark, seem to be left in the dark till last minute, will let you know when I know. When you off out?

Why you going Asten,I always go calais,antwerp,meer,breda,then upto border at Bad Bentheim,get toll collect then across through Bad oyenhausen,hannover,mariendorf,Berlin.Its flat most of the way,cheeper on toll collect & you miss all the Rhur valley & the miss the hills around Munster/Bilefield.Going my way i did Meer truckstop to Rasthof Avus Berlin in 8hrs.45min driving,calais to meer is about 3 hrs.

All plans out the window, shipping harwich to hook, not been that route since I was 20 shop fitting in Amsterdam, so I will hold my hands up and say I don’t have a clue on the best route from there to Berlin… (I’m awaiting the wave of insults as it seems that’s how Trucknet is going nowadays :frowning: ) so again any help I would gladly take!!
And no I’m not wakey trucker telling stories from a school keyboard lol.
Thanks in advance!!

Brian:
Why you going Asten,I always go calais,antwerp,meer,breda,then upto border at Bad Bentheim,get toll collect then across through Bad oyenhausen,hannover,mariendorf,Berlin.Its flat most of the way,cheeper on toll collect & you miss all the Rhur valley & the miss the hills around Munster/Bilefield.Going my way i did Meer truckstop to Rasthof Avus Berlin in 8hrs.45min driving,calais to meer is about 3 hrs.

To tell the truth, it’s the only way I’ve ever done it fella, no expert and have never claimed to be mate but always willing to learn.

Brian:

That’s the way to go.
regards dave

dafdave:

Brian:

That’s the way to go.
regards dave

if its flat an quicker its gotta earn you points on fuel :wink:

thats the way ill be goin. head to meer and spend in the shop on stuff i don’t need and a big rack of ribs :smiley: washed down with a jupilar then around the corner to the truck wash . Akaday I’m off to the o2 not till next week mind u

bigvern1:
You’ll get roadworks and delays all over. That’s Germany for you. :confused:

Not that anyone slows down of course…

Great autohoff at beilfield on route

normally go to Berlin via Antwerpen, Turnhout, Venlo, Dortmund, Hamm, Bielfeld then A2 toward to Berlin

one thing is avoid Antwerpen Ring on rush hours!!!

dafdave:

Brian:

That’s the way to go.
regards dave

Hmm never thought about this route but how many extra miles? Breda to Bad Bentheim via ? Utrecht or Nijmegan?

Deeireland:
Great autohoff at beilfield on route

Lost the count for great Autohof on A2! plenty of them! :wink:

Google maps even gives you the route via Bad Bentheim

Of the 3 routes google give you the mileages from Calais to Berlin are as follows.

E40 via liege 606 miles
A2 via Venlo 575 miles
A30 via Bad Bentheim 598 miles

an supposedly on a 30min difference in time taken.

Coming from Hoek then I would go the A30 route and miss alot of the A2 and the Ruhr

glen958:
Google maps even gives you the route via Bad Bentheim

Of the 3 routes google give you the mileages from Calais to Berlin are as follows.

E40 via liege 606 miles
A2 via Venlo 575 miles
A30 via Bad Bentheim 598 miles

an supposedly on a 30min difference in time taken.

Coming from Hoek then I would go the A30 route and miss alot of the A2 and the Ruhr

A30 via Bad Bentheim - Google map show via Eindhoven and Arnhem not Meer!

Would you go to Bad Bentheim for Berlin from Calais or not? or stick with Venlo route?

The bosses I have ever worked for will all ways tell me to to go the shortest route so I would go venlo, depending on time of day I would consider the A30.

If you route via Meer and Breda its about 6 miles shorter then the eindhoven, arnhem routes for the A30.

forgetting the Leige route, the A30 via Meer is only 19 miles more then going Venlo.

glen958:
The bosses I have ever worked for will all ways tell me to to go the shortest route so I would go venlo, depending on time of day I would consider the A30.

If you route via Meer and Breda its about 6 miles shorter then the eindhoven, arnhem routes for the A30.

forgetting the Leige route, the A30 via Meer is only 19 miles more then going Venlo.

Yeah Leige Route is out of hand - suitable for southern routes… Normally I driving through Ruhr on night time so will be ok sometime! so will try use A30 route for a change the scenery in one day!

Well made it from Europort to Berlin. And what a venue!! Thanks for the help!!

Is that the old Tempelhof airport?

Sure is fella,amazing place!!