Berkshire area call

I am not sure if the mods will let this go through, but it is worth a try.

Since you guys here have helped me get through my training for class 2 and then 1 and afterwards gave me advice (and some moral support) in finding a job I like to return the favour.

I am working for a haulage company in Slough, Berkshire. The job is very easy, but can also get a little dull - it is mainly transporting food products from the factory in Slough to the RDC in Bicester. It is a rotating shift of 4 days on, 4 days off (a day being meassured in 12 hours), changing from days to nights every second shift (ie 4 * day shift, 4 * off, 4 * night shift, 4 * off, 4 day shift, etc). Days are paid at about £ 9.- and nights at about £ 11.- an hour. There is plenty of opportunity for overtime, though the rate for overtime is the same as for normal shift. There is extra pay for bank holidays and so on…

The vehicles are absolutely spotless and very well maintained, the trailers are boxes with moving floors (so there is no loading or unloading involved - and it only takes about 3 Min to load the box full to capacity) and the crew are pretty good chaps that have always time for you. The boring bit is the route - that one is set in stone and can only be deviated from after being cleared with the foreman and a very good reason. On the upside they won’t let you run more than 3 trips to Bicester and they make sure that you don’t work over your shift time.

I know that the company is looking for drivers at the moment - I got in with 4 months experience though they would like to see at least six months on the license. If you live in the area and would like to get in touch with them reply here (make sure that your e-mail link works) and I will get you some details in the next few days.

I am not gaining any benefits from this, I just think they are a good company to work for and they pay a relatively decent wage (from what I have seen). As I said, maybe I can help somebody the same way I received help here…

Atra,
I am very interested in this. I’m live in Amersham and am doing the same shift for Tibbetts up in Hemel, oddly enough on a very similar job, factory clearance. Unfortunately, the customer is likely to be moving production to Eastern Europe soon so I’m looking around.

I quite like the less exciting life, so this might suit me.

Could you drop me an email at paul@moontech-racing.com

sounds like that job will help you WORK REST AND PLAY

paul_eden:
Could you drop me an email

It is done… :wink: