benefits

Darkside:

Monkey241:
For all the scare stories there are positives.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

That was what he was asking for…

Monkey241:
For me the character of the EU is best summed up by the latest row over vaccines.

Looking after members of the EU interests?

Harry Monk:
It will prevent further downward pressure on UK wages when the eu expands into ever poorer countries, Albania, Ukraine, Moldova etc.

The government are tabling motions to scrap the 48HR week limit, and also a bunch of worker protections, such as making it easier to hire and fire.

If he wants examples perhaps he should explore wider sources?

Looking after members interests in the vaccines row? Probably better done by placing orders sooner and approving vaccines quicker. What you mean by protecting is locking the stable door after the vaccine horse bolted.

Please show me the motions to scrap the 48 hour week…and talk me through the magnificent protections the WTD has afforded me…

whisperingsmith:
Other Benefits:
Scotland, Wales & hopefully Cornwall, likely to be independant soon.
Re-unification of Ireland.

Proposed ending of WTD so all UK workers will have the freedom to work the same hours as UK truckers

A74 Quieter ■■

Cheaper UK caught fish & seafood
Cheaper Lamb and Beef

Methinks you don’t understand the WTD.

UK workers already have the ability to work an average if 48 hours a week BUT unlike us can opt out of it, and work a higher average.

“And then they said the best way to avoid all this Brexit red tape is to just move your business to the EU!”

whisperingsmith:
> osark:
> The UK was the first country to approve a vaccine in the world, and start vaccination. If still inside the EU it would have been ■■■■■■■ as a member state waiting for EU approval and vaccination schedule.

The UK approved the Vaccine 3 months ago - when it was still part of the EU, as a sovereign country (as are all EU countries) it was free to sign the contract.

The EU approached it much more as team players - for better or for worse.

BUT, I have to say the UK needs the vaccine far more urgently due to Johnson’s Govts abysmal handling of COVID where profit (PPE, Test & Trace + Many Other Contracts) took precedence over looking after the population.

Mr Smith please get yer facts right FFs [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
UK has not been an member for the EU since the 1st of January 2020

Sent from my truck

^^^
Exactly. Jan 1 2020. That disgusting organisation not only wants to prevent the UK receiving vaccine from plants based in the EU but wants to purloin supplies from the UK plants. Hardly unexpected given the history. Hardly unexpected either that they have 5 times their needs on order. They gambled on getting a cheaper deal and they LOST out as a result. In another breath they are claiming that it is only 8% effective.

This is where some may see immediate changes such as on immigration as a benefit, whereas others may see it as a detrimental effect of Brexit (the divisions will remain as we leave I suppose). However, I believe that EU citizens now have to pass a points scoring system to enable them to get a working visa. High on the requirements list is a job offer and an ability to speak English. I am seeing this as a benefit of Brexit which is already in action, although tangibility will take time.

No doubt Franglais will be along soon to put me right on the errors of my ways…

Controlling Immigration was the priority for me in the Brexit debate.
Im all for proper and controlled immigration to satisfy the skills shortage, but to allow hundreds of thousends to just come in and saturate the job market under a Labour government was just criminal.
If we have a skills gap then fine lets use immigration to plug that gap.

Firstly, the EU is not a disgusting organisation for wanting AstraZeneca to fulfil its commitment to the EU.

It is a complicated situation.
Basically countries such as Germany were in very advanced talks with these firms beforehand but the EU decided that it would be better for all EU countries if they dealt with it. Why? Because not all EU countries are equal. With a single EU vaccine programme each EU control would get a fair amount of all the vaccines as opposed to say Germany and France / Netherlands having a far greater amount.

The problem with this approach is they took too long in the negotiations. They also seemed to forget that they are now competing with countries like the UK now.

Now the Vaccine plants in the EU have had a low yield. And AstraZeneca are saying they cant fufil the commitment to the EU. The EU are rightfully saying well you have plants in the UK why not use them?
That is 100% reasonable. It is not the case that the UK plants make UK vaccines and the EU plants make EU vaccines.

AstraZeneca are a global company. They do have to answer a serious question. How is it that the UK target can still be met but the commitment they gave to the EU be reduced? I mean, from my perspective if there are low yields then that should impact both the EU and the UK.

But I only read a tiny amount so I may be wrong. Either way this is not about the big bad EU. It is about peoples lives.

adam277:
Firstly, the EU is not a disgusting organisation for wanting AstraZeneca to fulfil its commitment to the EU.

It is a complicated situation.
Basically countries such as Germany were in very advanced talks with these firms beforehand but the EU decided that it would be better for all EU countries if they dealt with it. Why? Because not all EU countries are equal. With a single EU vaccine programme each EU control would get a fair amount of all the vaccines as opposed to say Germany and France / Netherlands having a far greater amount.

The problem with this approach is they took too long in the negotiations. They also seemed to forget that they are now competing with countries like the UK now.

Now the Vaccine plants in the EU have had a low yield. And AstraZeneca are saying they cant fufil the commitment to the EU. The EU are rightfully saying well you have plants in the UK why not use them?
That is 100% reasonable. It is not the case that the UK plants make UK vaccines and the EU plants make EU vaccines.

AstraZeneca are a global company. They do have to answer a serious question. How is it that the UK target can still be met but the commitment they gave to the EU be reduced? I mean, from my perspective if there are low yields then that should impact both the EU and the UK.

But I only read a tiny amount so I may be wrong. Either way this is not about the big bad EU. It is about peoples lives.

Yes you do need to read more. And yes the EU are a disgusting organisation. They are also trying to purloin supplies of vaccine legitimately intended for UK use. One of the reasons for their attitude is that they have been caught out for their inefficiency and their aims to favour drug companies in their member states rather than to get on with the business of ordering supplies.

I pointed out quite clearly that I agree that UK production should also be shared with the world’s poorest countries.

If the EU had asked politely for help rather than adopting their usual arrogant stance by DEMANDING that they get waht they want then things might be different. Not a bit of it they continue to spout their usual lies viz: " Astra Zeneca sought to obtain more remunerative contracts than the EU was prepared to pay" The truth is that this vaccine is being sold at cost.

The link goes into great detail about the background to Astra Zeneca’s production set up and is well worth a read.

One of the comments rings very true:

“Before the EU distributes the vaccine, it will have to set up a committee to discuss the shape of the bottles and the font on the label, which will then have to be agreed by all member states… but only after they’ve all moved from Brussels to Strassburg in case the French get upset …”

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … l#comments

Post Brexit Benefits?
China influences the EU that used to influence the UK… But seemingly no longer.

China won their battle to politically dominate the USA recently, but Brexit has now kicked their ■■■■■■■■■■ of the EU, or rather geographic Europe down the road somewhat.

I can’t say I’m very impressed by the way Boris has proceeded with Post-Brexit Britain thus far…

The “Gloves were coming off” we Brexiteers got told.
So far, however we have seen no crackdown on the things we wanted to actually seen being taken to take in the name of "Law and Order.

The benefits from Brexit - should have included from the very beginning “locking villains up, no regards made to their yuman rights any longer”.

If they are irrefutably guilty (actual live footage of them committing the crime they got accused of) then they should be dealt with MINUS the army of Strasbourg Human Rights experts such as Starmer or the Blairs coming forward to represent the Villain against the very public they committed the crime against, not “Allegedly” but already proven.
The entire upside of “Surveilance Society” was supposed to be that the guilty immediately got dealt with, the full force of the law coming down upon their heads in short order.

It takes a lot of effort to fake evidence against a “nobody”, but such evidence is far easier TO believe “if against a nobody”. In the post-fake US election world we now live in, it will prove impossible in future for any evidence at ALL to stand up against someone high and mighty, starting with the new de facto Lawyer Elites that now are on the verge of ruling the whole world…

“Brexit” - gives us then a second shield against the full implementation of their plans.

We are an independent nation - for a little while longer yet.

Now we simply need a government, not of “National Unity”, but rather of “National Survival”.

Boris, and his Conservatives - are pandering more and more to the ruling elitist center left of politics.
THAT ffs was what we supposedly left behind by leaving the EU!

Thus, at the next election - we will either be returning the mainstream Liberal Left to power, not being possible any more to get a ■■■ paper between the three or even four main parties, if we include the SNP…

There isn’t an option for Corbyn’s “Far Left”, nor an option for anyone’s (let alone Farage’s) so-called Far Right.

If anything, Farage looks like occupying the political field where the Conservatives have just vacated: Center Right!

Winning the next election - will be like getting under the popular voter intent radar:

The Democrats didn’t bother to rig the 2016 election, because they didn’t think or realize that they needed to, much to Hitlary’s digust and contempt.

Will the next election in this country be “Free and Fair”? Expect trouble from those Brexiteers still alive by that point - if there are any shenanigans involving first and foremost a “massive expanding of the electorate” so despite surging by millions of votes, we’ll end up seeing for instance, Farage’s party get over 15m votes - only to lose to a mainstream party that magically gets 15.000001m votes…

15m - used to be a winning score in this country., as Trump’s 74m would have been in America…
Not if you aribtrarily expand the electorate to include paper voters - it doesn’t!

Brexiteering, going on then - is a last gasp attempt at retaining all the freedoms that we used to associate with being a “Liberal Democracy”…
…Until that very Liberalism betrayed us, not to the Far Left, but even worse - the CCP-funded Left. :frowning:

This pic from facebook sums it up for me

You’re running across the M25 near the pothole @ J13 near Heathrow Airport…

You’ve just got live lane one on the far side in front of you…

Do you:

(1) Stop dead and hesitate
(2) Advance forward to live lane one, stop there and await the imminent being hit by an artic @ 56mph
(3) Run straight across lane one to the grass verge, and await there to be hit by the car that got shunt-hit by the artic
(4) Run across remaining lane 1, across the grass verge, vault the crash barrier, pass the trees and bushes, and keep on running

OR

(5) Stop, Turn around, and attempt to run back across all 11 lanes you’ve already crossed to get to the point you are at…

(1) and (5) represent no desire for Brexit at all
(2) and (3) represent a desire for a “soft brexit” and “ongoing good relationship with the EU”.

(4) Represents a resigned “FFS lets just get this bloody thing over with, before we get killed for standing still, or turning back under someone’s front wheels like Foxes do all too often”…

Be safe, Stay Alive, Brexit is done, now vault that bloody crash barrier before you get run over!

It looks tonight as if von der lyingdown has replaced Trump as the World’s no 1 idiot with the closure of the Irish border and then reopening it saying it was all a mistake. What a ■■■■■■■ All those lies about no hard border being so important to the precious EU…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55865539

+1

Not having Ursula Von der Leyen in charge of our vaccine programme, a politician who in her last job took the German armed forces to an operation capability level to below that of May 1945, her reward for that abject failure head of the EU. If you can get both the DUP and Sinn Fein to unite in criticism on a decision then it’s safe to say you have definitely made the wrong decision.
Don’t know why they are so concerned about the Astra Zeneca jab as Professor Macron has said it doesn’t work so why all the fuss over something that doesn’t work :question: :question:
It appears that the EU is also having supply problems with Moderna as well, Italy to receive 20% fewer doses and France 25%, so is the problem with the drug companies or the person who negotiated the contracts bearing in mind these drug companies will have years of experience in drawing up supply contracts and Von der Leyen couldn’t even manage to supply the German army with rifles in her last job

Bit of a set back,for the brejoin campaign
:laughing:

[/quote]
Methinks you don’t understand the WTD.

UK workers already have the ability to work an average if 48 hours a week BUT unlike us can opt out of it, and work a higher average.

[/quote]
Sorry but it appears to be your understanding of wtd that is misguided. There is an opt out to work more than 48hr/week,up to 60hr. But you can still only work an AVERAGE of 48hr/w over a 17 or 26 week period.

A benefit of leaving is female sanitary products are now zero vat rated or something. I heard a LBC interview with the campaigner where the host was desperate to get her to say that it would have happened even if we were still in the EU, but she couldn’t. The best she could say was that the movement on this motion has ‘gone cold’. And if the UK were still part of the EU they we would probably have driven it through across the whole of the EU. Still Ursula probably gets hers on expenses… :confused:

LazyDriver:
A benefit of leaving is female sanitary products are now zero vat rated or something. I heard a LBC interview with the campaigner where the host was desperate to get her to say that it would have happened even if we were still in the EU, but she couldn’t. The best she could say was that the movement on this motion has ‘gone cold’. And if the UK were still part of the EU they we would probably have driven it through across the whole of the EU. Still Ursula probably gets hers on expenses… :confused:

Why add that last bit…

adam277:
Why add that last bit…

Last bit withdrawn as it wasn’t funny.