Bendy Test #2 today

Hi all, The day has finally arrived to take my Class 1 in Canada (already have UK Class1 :smiley:) . Total test time is 1hour 30 mins. half of which is taken up by pre-trip and airbrake checks. Then its a uncouple / couple up procedure. Then onto the roads, to make sure i dont flatten anyone :slight_smile: then lastly followed by a normal 90 degree reverse into a parking bay (none of this stupid S turn round a cone then into the bay). So fingers crossed, all goes well (i hope it does as i had hoped to get more than 6 hours of training in before test. I had planned on 10 hours total. But hey ho, they must think im ready for it)

All the best with the test. Will be looking out for the update :laughing:

Failed :frowning: thats ruined my record, was hoping for all 4 tests to be first time passes lol.
The general drive itself was fine, i got 40 demerit points out of a maximum of 50 for the road test (minor point equivalent in UK).
30 of those points were for grinding gears during shifting, but my shifting on a whole is a lot better and i can now shift properly, without too much hassle. The Major fault, was a Right turn at the light contorlled intersection. My mind suddenly switched back into UK driving mode, So I stopped at the lights on red, and didnt proceed to turn. (We can treat a Red light as a give way here in canada when turning right, unless there are signs telling you otherwise.)

So i got done for Obstructing the flow of traffic. It was a tough one, as agreed by the examiner. If there had been no cars waiting behind me it would have been 10 points, just for hesitating. But there were vehicles behind, so she had no real choice, and i fully agree with what she has said. Retest is booked for Tuesday :slight_smile: and i definitely wont be stopping still on reds again when turning right.

The way i look at it is like this, I have had 2 hours out in the truck WITHOUT my instructor today, So i am doing things for myself, and not when the instructor says ‘gear up’ or ‘gear down’ or ‘slow down’. I have had to do that myself. So tbh today went really well, and just that one little mistake kept me from passing.

Good luck mate for tuesday sorry to see you didn’t do it this time round, been following you posts on the e pats forum, fingers crossed for you :smiley:

Ive taken to just updating my thread in the Ex-Pats forum, as its kindof not really a newbie topic (although i am a newbie to driving in canada lol)