Belguim road tax

Shipping though calais on sunday not had the pleasure of the new format for Belguim.
Any advice on where to get it what the score is would be appreciated cheers .
Done a search on here not coming up with much

satellic.be

I believe you can get them from road side kiosks, at places like service stations or at the border. You scan your documents in the machine and do the payment at it spits out the box.

Once you got the box and plugged it in make sure it’s showing a green led before heading into Belgium. All will become clear when you get the box and if you’re having problems getting the box or getting it to work call the helpline.

There is a kiosk for pay as you go in the last layby before the Belgian border as you leave France on the corridor, not sure how that works tho as we have pre paid. Seeing as you’re not going till Sunday if you have the box it might be possible to preload it, from the French border to Holland via Meer is around the 25 euro mark I think, you will still need the vignette for all the other countries that had it previously

Thanks for the advice due to come back through calais on Monday looks like I may have my hands full if the reports are true.
Hopefully all will come clear I will get stuck into it see what happens

Look for a Satellic kiosk at services, not sure where you’ll find one on France/Belgium border as I ship hazardous and use Zeebrugge.

Basically you put your info into a terminal and stick your log book into a scanner which will support your EURO rating of your truck which then decides cents/km charge. You then pay a130 Euro deposit and the terminal then vends you your OBU and pin number. You then pre pay your tolls but I think you can also contact Satellic and have tolls taken by direct debit from your bank.
My Euro 5 costs 15 cents/km so work out your mileages and pre pay what you need plus a bit extra in case of road closures etc.
The OBU sticks inside of your windscreen and plugs into cigarette lighter socket. Make sure you press the button marked with a tick to activate to OBU as they fine you for not using it.
All the instructions come with it and are in English. When you leave Belgium you can either keep the OBU or return it in perfect condition and get you 130 Euro deposit back.
You’ll need a credit/debit or fuel card to pre pay and keep a note of your pin number, you’ll need it each time you top up. When you top up take the OBU to the terminal and hold it up to a reader on the terminal, it scans the OBU, enter your pin and follow instructions on the screen.

I think it’s a ball ache but not as much of a ball ache as toll collect in Germany with it’s crappy maps!

Hope this helps.