Belgium replacing vignette with toll system in 2016

Hi,

Does anyone have any information about the new toll system starting 1st April, 2016 in Belgium.

The only info I have at the moment come from Harbour Shipping, but they are saying that you must have an OBU box fitted and
cannot purchase at the border, so no type of GO box ?

Regards

JJSL

satellic.be/en-UK#

Thanks AJF3011, I’ve put a copy of that link into the Euro Drivers Information Point, a sticky post up near the top of the index page for this forum.

Hopefully that’ll make it easy for anyone to find.

JJSL:
Hi,

Does anyone have any information about the new toll system starting 1st April, 2016 in Belgium.

The only info I have at the moment come from Harbour Shipping, but they are saying that you must have an OBU box fitted and

Regards

JJSL

The GO box is essentially a OBU and the same as any other Toll collection device/service.

GO is just the company/service that collects this money in Austria and a few Scandanavian countrys.

The best part about the GO box is, as you say, it can be brought/rented at the border. Although there relatively cheap, so most trucks just have them that are frequently on the continent.

Soon euro drivers wont be able to see out there bloody windscreen because of the 20 different type of toll boxes in there windscreens. I wish they’d just have a “one type fits all” type of thing.

Concretejim:

JJSL:
Hi,

Regards

JJSL

The GO box is essentially a OBU and the same as any other Toll collection device/service.

GO is just the company/service that collects this money in Austria and a few Scandanavian countrys.

The best part about the GO box is, as you say, it can be brought/rented at the border. Although there relatively cheap, so most trucks just have them that are frequently on the continent.

Soon euro drivers wont be able to see out there bloody windscreen because of the 20 different type of toll boxes in there windscreens. I wish they’d just have a “one type fits all” type of thing.

Yes, but the GO Box for Austria is a small thing, maybe as big as a ■■■ packet. An OBU is generally a fairly large piece of kit.
EE drivers frequently do have a vast array of GO Box type units across their windscreen, because most EE countries have a similar type of toll collecting system.
I’ve heard that the German Toll Collect OBU can be set up to pay Austrian tolls as well.

The ‘new’ failed french EcoTax box can be used in BE according to UTA

Simon:

Concretejim:

JJSL:
Hi,

Regards

JJSL

Yes, but the GO Box for Austria is a small thing, maybe as big as a ■■■ packet. An OBU is generally a fairly large piece of kit.
EE drivers frequently do have a vast array of GO Box type units across their windscreen, because most EE countries have a similar type of toll collecting system.
I’ve heard that the German Toll Collect OBU can be set up to pay Austrian tolls as well.

The Dkv/kapsch OBU for france is about half the size of a GO box, its the same size as the “Dart tag”.

Im pretty sure germanys toll collect OBU is the biggest, as its basically the same size as a radio/tacho/cb unit. And there suppose to be pretty expensive compared to other OBU. Im nearly 100% sure that toll collect systems are not compatible with Austrian tolls, but il check that when im back home at the weekend.

Re. Belgium. dkv-euroservice.com/gb/serv … s/belgien/

Looks similar to kapsch blue box for france and spain. Which is also about the same size of a Go box.

Many thanks Guys,

It would appear to be the same as all the other OBU’s ex Germany, it’s a bit expensive at 135 euro’s each compared to the Austrian
Go Box.

Have had a look at the link, and it’s very easy to follow.

Many thanks,

JJSL

Concretejim:
Im pretty sure germanys toll collect OBU is the biggest, as its basically the same size as a radio/tacho/cb unit. And there suppose to be pretty expensive compared to other OBU. Im nearly 100% sure that toll collect systems are not compatible with Austrian tolls, but il check that when im back home at the weekend.

German OBU is compatible w/ Austrian tolls… they call it “TOLL2GO”… OBU supports both even though technology behind the two are completely different … we have it in our lorry but we do not go down that way often.

We all had our Belgian boxes fitted over the xmas / new year break as we never know how long we will be away from base . It sits next to the german box and is the same height but twice as wide . I’d post a pic but on the i-phone it keeps coming out at a 90% angle . Its getting ridiculous the amount of boxes we have now !!!