Belgium and France

Only places ive ever known in last 15 years was vitoria to burgos motorway where they put 50% reduction on to try get trucks to use

Car prices are less than vans they show prices
At most big peages

limeyphil:
The above quotes regarding tolls may well be correct, but i was refering to car prices v hgv prices, not vans v hgv’s.
The prices may very well have altered over the years, but last time i looked at it, cars were charged more than trucks. it may have been a seasonal thing where they slapped the tourist. i’ll try to get some up to date prices one way or the other.

trucks pay about three times as much for the pleasure of driving on a motorway in france. http://www.autoroutes.fr/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/Tarifs%2022%20février%202013.pdf

gettin-on:
Only places ive ever known in last 15 years was vitoria to burgos motorway where they put 50% reduction on to try get trucks to use

Arghhhhh, the penny has dropped.
I remember where i got the info. There was a map being handed out in Irun some years back, They wanted trucks to use a certain route through France.
That must have been what i was thinking of. But that’s the benefit of forums, we can’t be right all the time and others are happy to pull you up when you get it wrong. :laughing:

Like when they put weight limit on n10 bordeaux to make you go up mway
Now lifted

And when niort motorway finished weight limit on n137 towards larrochelle

Did come up n10 tours to chartres other week no weight limit til reach a11

The French ecotax starts soon as well.

Used to be able to follow the coast from Cherbourg to Mont st Michael til they stopped it.You would go through small fishing villages and get a good view of St Michaels monastry.Later there was that hill with dangerous bends and a creperie ran by a mum and dsughter.Think it was St Leonards.At La Rochelle there was the view of the bird sanctuary and the sea and a restaurant called Lukes.Now weight limits.

Wow, thanks lads.

Milodon - thanks for the link, that’s helpful

Dave

Ben9:

Would we be liable for that too?

Dave

davemfox:

Ben9:

Dave

I believe everything over 3.5t is liable. Around 10cents a Km has been mentioned.
Applies to all autoroutes including the corridor and a fair few nationals.

The Ecotax is on a trial period in the Alsace region to be rolled out nationaly later.Brittany gets a 40% discount.The Douanes or customs will enforce the 750 euro fine for no eco box.Gantries will know if you have one or not.

Yes everything over 3.5t

Got my boxes ordered through dkv

Hasn’t the ecotax been suspended?
I thought I read somewhere that its been suspended as there are still no facilities for buying it or the infrastructure wasn’t in place.

Allegedly not, kicking in October I believe.

Maybe one of our French posters can shed more light on it.

The UK government had similar plans to the Ecotax by fitting black boxes in all vehicles and monitored by Gps and charged for off peak or peak road use.Discounts or free on rural roads.The technolgy is there to do it but the French are ahead again.

I’ve seen loads of gantries on my travels minus the electronics, just recently I’ve seen e few with the electronics ready to go.
Latest start date is October and I think most will get their boxes from their fuel Card supplier.

Ben9:
Allegedly not, kicking in October I believe.

Maybe one of our French posters can shed more light on it.

For those wanting information, I have started a new subject with a link to a French site , that hopefully will help.

Ben9:

davemfox:

Ben9:

Dave

I believe everything over 3.5t is liable. Around 10cents a Km has been mentioned.
Applies to all autoroutes including the corridor and a fair few nationals.

It is a new tax for National routes and some departmentals , nothing to do with Autoroutes as they have their own system of charging

Just be careful, you WILL need a tachograph in the truck, keep records & stay within the tacho laws as the largest vehicles allowed to be used as ‘private’ are 7.5 tons. I know this for certain as I have owned a 7.5 tonner for 5 years and used it as a race motorcycle transporter, including a couple of trips to Jerez in Spain.

Take care, Ross.