Belgian Scanias

I’ve been seeing quite a few obviously new(ish) Belgian reg’d Scania Toplines recently on the A1/A14. They are unmarked, one was a nice dark green metallic with alloys, another was black with alloys; all were hauling containers.

I seem to recall somebody saying a Felixstowe outfit, John Hogan Transport, ran some Beligian plated Scanias as well as their ‘standard’ fleet, or are these Romantiek BVBA motors without a livery? (they also seem to have some unmarked motors)?

Anybody else know?

i think the black ones are to do with john hogan, they have been brought through mendlesham group/romantiek on the a140, i expect someone who works out of the docks will know for certain…

I saw a new RHD Scania R Series longline cab, was white & skyblue, all cream leather interior, that had belgian plates. Was pulling a 20ft container. Looked dead smart.

Jacko123:
I saw a new RHD Scania R Series longline cab, was white & skyblue, all cream leather interior, that had belgian plates. Was pulling a 20ft container. Looked dead smart.

Out of interest, where did you see it? That colour scheme, on a rhd Belgian regd truck suggests Romantiek BVBA, they have certainily had some pretty spectacular Scanias in the past including T cabs, never seen one with a Longline cab before tho’? Did it have any comapny logos etc?

They often seem to travel in pairs as well…

Saw it at the A5/A47 roundabout at Hinckley, it didnt have any logos, just had sky blue around the bottom. Was on its own aswell. Never seen it before.

I saw a Topliner of Romantiek last night going up the A1 near Grantham. It was just the same as the others they run except the ‘BVBA’ bit was missing. I didn’t notice the reg plate on it but I imagine it’s still Belgian registered.

The black ones are John Hogans, the green ones are Simon Boon International ( International as in they go to Belgium for diesel) all bought from The Mendlesham Group which is owned by the same person who owns Romiantek.
The Longline is Romiantek as well, there are rumors there may be another 6 or 7 on the way, dont know who makes them (not Scania) but think they are done in Belgium. Next time you see it, have a look under the cab in the middle near the back, theres a bottle jack holding the back end of the cab up! :open_mouth: Honestly, there is, i saw it myself the other day at Felixstowe.

Get a snap if you can, kindle530.

Not the longline but a nice new one on the A14 recently. Bit blurry but rather artistic If I say so myself…especially the setting sun on the back of the cab…taken from the car hence the angle of the truck in the pic.

The trailer it was pulling was a Simon Boon one I think.

Rare snap indeed ! Had he just pulled out of a layby ? :laughing:
I was more interested in the bottle jack holding up the cab.

harry:
Rare snap indeed ! Had he just pulled out of a layby ? :laughing:
I was more interested in the bottle jack holding up the cab.

Harry: No, it was between Newmarket and Bury on the A14 but even in a car he took some getting past!!

Those chrome stacks behind the cab make a fantastic noise (it’s a 580 V8 like all their fleet seem to be).

I look forward to seeing the Longline too, bottle jack and all!! :laughing: :laughing:

kindle530:
The Longline is Romiantek as well, there are rumors there may be another 6 or 7 on the way, dont know who makes them (not Scania) but think they are done in Belgium. Next time you see it, have a look under the cab in the middle near the back, theres a bottle jack holding the back end of the cab up! :open_mouth: Honestly, there is, i saw it myself the other day at Felixstowe.

Here is a belgian company that does longline interior conversions…maybe this was the one that did it…
http://www.adno.be/index.php?LANG=EN

The company that builds longlines is
http://www.laxasv.se/page.asp?id=14&t=2
They aren’t actually built by Scania themselves.

The company also builds special cabs such as dustbin wagons, airport vehicles etc.

Although I haven’t seen the longline one mentioned, I was passing the Mendlesham Group garage the other day and they sure are selling Scanias…there were 3 brand new r-series 620 V8’s for sale (one sold) out the front.

Are these all Belgian imports then?

They might look like a nice piece of kit.Especially to attract new drivers.

But when your expected to run with 2 20t boxes on.I’d give them a wide berth.

The speeds they drive and the hours that they do.(belgian plates)They do what they like and get away with it

Tony b

Stopped at the BP garage just outside Felixstowe docks this morning for me brekkie, sat near a window, watching the trucks going in and out of gate 2, and had to do a double take, saw a Super Space Cab, think it was a 56 plate, pulling a full length container,with an extension on the back of the cab, it had an extra bunk widths of cab behind the normal bunk width, it was a 6x2, not sure if it was a midlift or a tag, as i was too busy looking at the cab! Also, it was a lightish blue colour, similar to Piggots Express from Ireland.
So theres another one to look out for!! Dont think it had any signwriting on it either.

saw the rhd longline in a layby on the a14 a few week ago with a container trailer behind it the interior was done by adno of belgium as they did have picks of it on there site

kindle530:
Stopped at the BP garage just outside Felixstowe docks this morning for me brekkie, sat near a window, watching the trucks going in and out of gate 2, and had to do a double take, saw a Super Space Cab, think it was a 56 plate, pulling a full length container,with an extension on the back of the cab, it had an extra bunk widths of cab behind the normal bunk width, it was a 6x2, not sure if it was a midlift or a tag, as i was too busy looking at the cab! Also, it was a lightish blue colour, similar to Piggots Express from Ireland.
So theres another one to look out for!! Dont think it had any signwriting on it either.

Kindle, check out the link below, then on the ‘Gallery’ link, select ‘Daf Piggotts Express’. Dont know of this is the one as it’s 4x2, but it looks…errrm…well pretty tacky actually!!!

http://www.adno.be/index.php?LANG=EN

this is a pic of piggots new xf105 but no extended cab sorry kindle mate

pic found at www.dafplace.nl

kindle530:
Also, it was a lightish blue colour, similar to Piggots Express from Ireland.

I wasnt implying it was a Piggots motor i saw, just the colour was similar.
There is also a black and gold longline Scania kicking about, apparently that belongs to JFH (Hogan) as well. (the one with the black Belgian registered 4x2 Scanias.

I wasnt implying it was a Piggots motor i saw, just the colour was similar.

i know mate :wink: but as you mentioned piggots i thought id put a pic up any way and the web address to see if anyone has put a pic of that big cabbed xf on there