Belgian roadworks

i have read in the latest TRUCKING mag that there is major delays on the E25 and E411.i intend to use the 411 in july on route to italy,are there major delays or is it fairly routine stuff :question:
as my first day is from wakefield to colmar i dont wish to be stuck in heavy delays :exclamation:
i dont fancy going through france,they are signposting an alternate route but i have searched the web for details but no luck.
anybody been down recently
jon

I’m on the 411 northbound most weeks at various times of day and I haven’t had any delays yet, or seen any southbound, although that may change when the holiday traffic gets heavier

They are resurfacing almost the entire length and there is about a 50km contraflow with just one lane in each direction, with a 70 KM speed limit. The start and end of the contraflow seems to change on almost a weekly basis

I have heard of a couple of longish delays on it when there have been accidents but you run that risk on any road.

cheers coffee
any idea what the alternate route they have signed, as that may be worth avoiding too
i may have to price up the cost of going via rheims :exclamation:
as the delays may well build up in the summer and i dont need grief from the wife and kids on an already long route :exclamation:
jon

coffee,i was just reading your public holiday dates and i noticed july 21st is the national day,does this mean no wagons on that date or half of belguim will be on the road :question:
jon

I haven’t noticed what the alternative route they have signed is southbound, northbound they seem to want to send you via Leige as far as I can recall.

I’ve been through the roadworks twice this week, northbound on Tuesday and southbound about 20 minutes ago and no hold ups either time. Everybody seems to be sticking to the 70 Km/ph limit and it keeps things moving nicely, just a little slower than normal.

The 21st being a holiday means there will likely be less Belgian trucks on the road but still plenty of other trucks as there are no driving restrictions but it also means there could be many more cars as the locals make the most of the day off.

cheers coffee

i think i will go out via rheims and return back through belguim ,i priced up the tolls its 28 euro extra and and about £5 more in diesel cost.

thats £50 extra for a return jouney just for a car

tryed to convince the european manager at shearing to run via lux instead of rheims as it would save a fortune in a year.he replied “yes ,and you would make a bomb on ■■■■ etc” :laughing:

if it changes please let me no

jon

jon boy 100:
tryed to convince the european manager at shearing to run via lux instead of rheims as it would save a fortune in a year.he replied “yes ,and you would make a bomb on ■■■■ etc” :laughing:

jon

I would have thought that he would be responsible for the running costs of the job. Whether or not you make a bomb on ■■■■ etc, should be neither here nor there to him, should it? Of course, if you should get pulled for smuggling, that would be his concern (not that I’m saying you do of course). He can cover his back by giving you a letter, washing his hands of anything to do with any illicit activities you might do. I would expect a European t/m to know all of that of course.

Simon:

jon boy 100:

jon

I would have thought that he would be responsible for the running costs of the job. Whether or not you make a bomb on ■■■■ etc, should be neither here nor there to him, should it? Of course, if you should get pulled for smuggling, that would be his concern (not that I’m saying you do of course). He can cover his back by giving you a letter, washing his hands of anything to do with any illicit activities you might do. I would expect a European t/m to know all of that of course.

yes precisely
he now has the swiss routed italian coaches going through luxembourg :blush:

part of his reasons would be to keep all the coaches on the same route for part of the way to assist with breakdowns etc.

at least he has swollowed his pride and routed them correctly :laughing:

unless they get delayed in “belguim roadworks” :laughing: :laughing:
jon