Belated Thank You To MLC Driver

We run out of diesel going to Budapest last week, :blush: honestly the gauge was reading quarter a tank when it happened, but seems okay again now :confused:

Anyway to cut a long story short, whilst I was away with a local mechanic getting a bit a of diesel One of MLC Transports of Cheltenham drivers stopped to see if there was anything he could do. My mate who was left with the truck told him I was off getting some diesel,
But if you’re on here or know who he was I’d just like to say “Thanks for stopping and asking. :smiley:

Muckles, try making a dip stick for the tank, it does help such incidents
happening mate,

brit pete:
happening mate,

Might be a good idea as it’s the second time it’s happened in 3 years, different trucks same problem. Although I didn’t need a dipstick to tell me one of the tanks was empty, it was bone dry not even a dribble at the bottom. :laughing:

Well, well, well… a Brit driver running out of diesel in Europe, now where have I heard that one before? :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
Well, well, well… a Brit driver running out of diesel in Europe, now where have I heard that one before? :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

3 years ago when I did last time? Maybe :laughing:

We had a bit of a week of fuel problems,
First the truck.

Then the car on the first test session, seemed to clear itself, and despite the mechanics pulling the fuel system apart afterwards nobody cold find the problem.

Then taking all the gear to the pit lane for the last race our buggy (which is pulling about a tonne of gear) starts to cough and splutter on the way up the hill, which meant our engineers who normally get a free ride had to push. :laughing: Much to the delight of the crowds, judging by the cheers from the stands. :laughing: It run alright going back to the paddock, which is good as we have to go round the track in Hungary.

But despite this we did get our first win of the season and another 8 points. :smiley: Which is good really as our Christmas bonus is paid at £25 per point. Normally it works out at arounf the £2000 mark. Not this year I think as we are over half way through the season and only have 15 points.

A mate of mine works for MLC so I will see if he knows who it was and pass on your thanks :smiley:

jdc:
A mate of mine works for MLC so I will see if he knows who it was and pass on your thanks :smiley:

Cheers. We were on the M1 about 70km from Budapest. The week before the GP.

brit pete:
happening mate,

From my trade plating days: A young thin branch ripped off a tree & deleafed usually does the job. :wink: